Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
duty free
5 Posts
Yes there is, not huge choice, if your fussy buy them locally. Dont forget it is not duty free within the EU any more, its all duty paid. Cigs/tobacco etc are fixed prices but drinks often have a special offer in the airport.
Thanks astawayAcharavi for the reply. Yes I realised that they are not as the old duty free shops I just couldn't think of the way to discribe the type of shops I wanted.
Must you buy named products, why not look for local products when on your holiday they are even cheaper than ' duty free'

my hubby smokes and he smokes the local cigs when there I think they are called Leader, last year normal strength were 70 cents a packet and the mild ones were 1 euro a packet we brought quite a few home with us,

also we brought quite e few bottles of ouzo back at 3.80 euros it was a bargain.

dont be sucked into the 'duty free' way of thinking

have fun
Thanks for the suggestion, but the smokes I wanted were for family and friends and as I dont smoke now I wouldn't dare risk it bringing different brands.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.