Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
duty free
7 Posts
Yes you can bring back a Whiskey, Brandy and Gin. Its quite a high allowance.

Sarah
Yes you can bring back a Whiskey, Brandy and Gin. Its quite a high allowance

The allowance is 3200 cigarettes, 200 cigars, 400 cigarillos, 3kg tobacco, 110 litres of beer, 90 litres of wine, 10 litres of spirits, 20 litres of fortified wine (such as port or sherry).

Must just point out that you should bring back a good Scotch WHISKY not that other stuff with an e :wink:
Graham
Under the treaty of Rome you can bring back as much DUTY PAID [no duty free in Europe] as you like however the HM customs have issued guidelines as listed above, if you exceed these be prepared to prove it is for PERSONAL use...... and yes its only this country that treats its people in such a way..

wizard
Last May I was stopped in Cardiff airport by customs.They asked if I smoked and then asked how many cigarettes I had in my case. I told them I had 14 cartons of cigarettes for my own use and 10 pouches of tobacco for my son-in-law. They checked this out and there was no problem---------thank goodness!
We usually bring back two bottles of bombay sapphire gin without any problem, think we could bring more but cigarettes and tobacco seem unlimited I'm a none smoker but have seen other people literally just filling up a shopping basket one lady spent 300 euro's plus and her husband well over 200 euro's so do not think there is a limit.
pojo
We flew back into Manchester from Thailand yesterday and the notices at the baggage carousels, concerning what you are allowed to bring in from countries within the EU, have changed. They no longer mention any "guidelines" and basically say that you are allowed to bring in any quantity of duty paid goods you want, so long as they are for personal use, INCLUDING gifts for friends and family. So it looks as though the EU have clamped down and told the UK authorities to get in line with the rest of Europe :D

Eliane
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.