Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
E ticket
8 Posts
I fly regularly with Easyjet, Monarch, Ryanair, Thomson etc. If I'm not checked in online, all the check in staff need is my passport as API links your passport and booking reference.
chrisweaving,

All your booking details are held electronically these days negating the need for actual tickets. All you need is a printout of the eticket that has your booking reference quoted in case you need it. More often than not, you don't, all you need is your passport.

Darren
Just printed off my thomson 'e ticket', its not really a ticket as such and has no information on which i didnt already know.

I flew with Thomson last month and yes they needed it at the check-in, in fact if I remember rightly, it says on the email that this is your e-ticket and you will need to take it to the airport and present it at check-in.
Already had the reference anyway, so 'eticket'? is it really needed?

IMO. I don't see the need to send out the same information twice with the difference being that one say's e-ticket and the other doesn't, when at the time of booking, you have paid the balance for the holiday in full.

Maybe the e-ticket has to be generated when the balance has been paid and any cheques or CC's have been cleared, which for those who pay a deposit and installments on their balance, I wouldn't expect any TO to issue a ticket until the balance is paid....so yes in principle you are getting the same info twice, but there must be a logical reason why.

Sanji
Thanks sanji, dazbo and ahv...was kind of expecting to print a ticket of some sort lol.
Sanji, yes paid in full when i booked 6 months ago and they gave me the reference straight away.

Do thomson do online checkin? Last year with thomas cook i checked in online (not that it makes much difference when you have to checkin suitcases anyway). Have got my favourite seats again, the flight is one of the best bits for me absolutley love flying :fly :fly :fly
Thomsons don't offer online check in.
Hi,

E-Tickets for Thomson/First Choice & Thomas Cook are both required at checkin, so your best not to turn up without it!!

Andrew
Its not too much longer now until Thomson online checkin will be ready for launch
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.