Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Try posting this in flights forum also Spaldy if you haven't already done so. There are flight enthusiasts in there who may not read this forum :tup
have had a look and can only find eva as the cheapest. £345 with Travelpack from Heathrow.
One thing to bear in mind is that technically you cant enter Thailand if you dont have an onward ticket out of the country.

Unlikely Immigration at Bangkok Airport will ask to see this unless you look like a real hippy. However, when you check-in the airline staff could stop you from getting on the plane, as their airline would be held accountable for knowingly bringing you into the country without an onward ticket. The way around this is to also buy a cheap flight out of Thailand on a budget carrier - such as AirAsia ( http://www.airasia.com )
Thanks Glynis,didn't realise there was a flights forum i will post on there.
Thankyou for looking Fiona i'm just being tight (lived in Goa to long!)..missed the one for 280,i'll keep looking for a couple of weeks i'll book Eva if i have no luck which i'm not keen on to be honest or i could pay another 20 pounds for Thai Airlines...i'm just living in hope i'll pick up a bargain you never know!

Cheers for the info Macfarang,done the one way trip quite a few times and not been questioned although i do realize technically you should have an onward ticket....touch wood all will be ok but as you say if not i will purshase a ticket to Cambodia which is where i was going but normally make my mind up on the dates when i get there.
Thanks again for the warning though. :tup

ps. I found an unbelievably cheap website for tickets to Bangkok last night,waiting for a reply today,by the time they put the taxes ect on the price will prob be the same! We'll see. Will post the website on the flights forum anyway...seems TO CHEAP to be true!!!!
Just a thought.

Perhaps you can purchase a cheap onward ticket with Air Asia even if you don't use it. That way you meet Thailand's criteria.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.