Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
e tickets
12 Posts
Sandor7
E-Ticket is much safe than a paper one as you cant lose it. On the print out you get it has ticket numbers and if you lose that then just print it out again. Dont worry lots of airlines are now using this. We have booked with jetairways and we dont have to worry about tickets arriving, I think its brilliant.
Hi sandor, you'll find before very long all airlines will only be issuing e-tickets. Our past 3 trips have been on e-tickets with no problems at all. You print them in black, make 2 copies of each ticket in case anything happens to one. Some airlines require you to show the card the tickets were payed for with as proof of indentity. Tony :wink:
Our last few holidays have been on e-tickets and everything was fine. Only once have we been asked for the print out at check in. With BMI going to Vegas with a connection, all we had to hand over was our passports, but we had the print out just incase.

luci :wave
Black/White printer is fine. Booking online is safe and instant. If you use BA you can check-in online and pick your seats 24 hours before departure. And avoid the check-in queues. Not too sure if you can with Air Lanka (long way to get to Goa?)
We use e-tickets for scheduled flights at work - so much easier. I just wish package holiday firms would do the same when you book online - one less worry waiting for the tickets to arrive.

Candybabe
I never even bother printing out my e ticket.Part of the booking process requires advanced passenger information i.e. passport numbers so the airline knows who you are the second you check in.Could not be easier.

Just copy everything to my email address in case of problems but never had one yet.

Of course in India they do like their bits of paper so up to you.
Going to Goa in 3 weeks time, booked online with Manos, Emailed me yesterday to say e-tickets needed printing off, first time we have ever experienced this service but seems simple and straightforward, only thing is you dont get any luggage labels, it says you can pick them up at the airport, seems a bit of a pain having to start and write out your labels before check-in. D. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :?: :lol:
You can print your luggage labels using the label creation thread on the general holiday enquiries forum,
Well done Manos - others please follow!

Candybabe
Never even bother with luggage labels either now.Have a specific mark on each case which identifies it and then check the airline tag.Easy
No labels on your cases confuses that awful shower of money grabbing, rude, obnoxious porters at Dabolim ':wink:'

Not that I have anything against them!! :rage
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.