Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Easy jet ?
13 Posts
You book speedy boarding for your party which means you will board in the first group to board the plane.
Judy

Don't worry, I am sure when the inconsiderate realise they will be seated next to a young child for 5 hours they will be less selfish!!!

As parents, 5 hours without 2 young children to keep entertained would be bliss!!!

We fly out in May with Easyjet - I am sure everything will be fine.

Good Luck

Stewart
I agree judy dont worry . They dont issue seat numbers ,you just sit where you want. they board the aircraft very promptly , speedy boarders first, then I believe special needs and people with very young children, then passengers A then passengers B. you get A or B I believe depending on how early you were in the check in queue. We flew with easyjet over christmas (6 of us ) and were in passengers B and there were plenty of seats but just make sure you check in as early as possible 2 hours before. you wont beat the scrum so just join them . I draw the line at running across the tarmac though to head off the couple of people you might beat to the aircraft steps :D

lyn
Returning from Paphos may be a scrum as they use buses to the plane, so even though they may announce groups first, they will still all board the same plane. When we flew with easyjet in France, we were the last almost to board as all families were allowed first, that left about 6 couples and we didnt get seats together. Please let us know how you get on. Also be awre there probably wont be inflight entertainment.
Sorry, but it has to be said ..........the in flight entertainment is trying to get your seat. :D

All Joking aside, they are fine, they do what they say on the package get you from A to B as cheaply as possible. Though they don't seem to use airbridges (well they didnt at Gatwick this year) as I would imagine they cost too much. It will be coaches too and from the aircraft.
Did i hear/read that easyjet were flying from Edinburgh too?

Or is it still Manchester/London only.

Sure i can remember reading something in one of the magazines you are handed out there, last October!?!?!?!?
Sqeezzy Jet............Simple.... you get what you pay for!!
I thought that they would be cheaper also but when i priced them up they were dearer than first choice, just have to keep looking for a bargain
The problem is with Easyjet most people think they are cheap!............ Let me tell you they are'nt...Just a clever marketing ploy when they launched a few years ago.BA is probably cheaper, They feed you & no scramble for the flights.
A friend of mine is a pilot, He tells me that :) Easyjet do not get runway/Take off preference by the airport authorities.
Although I'm sure flights with Easyjet are expensive on certain dates, I have just booked the cheapest flight I have ever managed to get to Paphos with them. Flying from Manchester in September for 2 weeks price per person £88 return including all taxes etc. Have just checked the website and flights are still available for £116 return. I'm delighted with them :tup
Today I just bought a last minute return flight from Gatwick to Larnaca with First Choice paying £94. Compared to the prices on Easyjet, it seems very reasonable. Good weather, here I come.
:sun2
On the outward journey, the trick with Easyjet is to get to the departure gate early. Don't wait until it's announced on the board in the departure lounge, cos that's when everyone else goes there.

I once witnessed a very clever plan by a family - grandmother, mother, father and 2 kids. This was done on the return journey, not the outward journey. The mother hung back and took care of the kids. The grandmother and father split up and hung around the departure gate and were at the front of the queue when the flight was called. They were then first on the bus and saved all the seats on the plane. The mother and 2 kids just took their time cos they knew their seats were being saved.

They very obviously well practised!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.