Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Easy Jet
9 Posts
please post questions for flights and airlines in the flights/airline/airport thread where our experts [and members] can offer help.. there is an existing and long easyjet thread which contains a lot of information

yasus

wizard
Ok I will post there but I was just asking if anyone had any advice going to Corfu in particular. I thought my post may get a bit lost on the main airlines forum.
Hi, my sister always goes to Corfu on Easyjet. You can pay a bit extra and get boarded first but there is still a bit of a bundle for the extra-legroom seats. Otherwise she says its basically the same as Thomson etc. and often on the way back its not an easyjet plane or staff :que

Hope this helps.
I booked Thomson flights this year to Corfu and the prices have already gone up. At the time they were cheaper than easyjet when I booked. If you look at corfu hotel/villa/apartment rentals, many have Mondays as a change over day, so they might be a little more in demand and I'd book earlier rather than later.
We used easyJet for the first time last year - from Gatwick to Corfu - everything was just fine and we need extra assistance for a wheelchair and its user.
Last season Easyjet where using the ex-GB Airways fleet, the same as used previously when BA ran the route.

I did hear rumours that Easyjet were going to reconfigure the seating i.e.:move them closer together to get more seats in,I don't know if they have done so yet.

They are pretty much the same as other operators aside from the fact that they don't allocate seating in advance.

As with other airlines the cost of food and drink is silly,on the way back the guy next to me must have spent all his spare cash on 3 miniature beers at £4 each! As they were less than a half pint each this must be almost the most expensive way to buy beer on the planet. As I remember it a small bottle of water was something like £2

I was frankly not that desperate for a beer, call me a cheapskate if you like! ;)
We've always been happy with Easyjet- flown to Barca, Venice, Prague and Majorca with them without a problem (touch wood).

We've just booked to go to Corfu in June. We're travelling out from Gatwick and back to Manchester. It means we get most of our first day and most of our final day in Corfu. We've saved the thick end of £800 compared to booking Thomsons (and that's including the extra cost of taxis in the UK).
we flew easyjet this year for the first time and found the planes more comfortable than Thomson or (the now defunct) Excel. Prices on board seemed no sillier than the other carriers but we tend to purchase at the airport and just have hot drinks on the plane.

Yes there is the rush for seats but at the end of the day there are at least as many seats as passengers so everyone gets a seat - so why rush?? The extra legroom seats will be taken by those prepared to pay for speedy boarding so just "go with the flow". You will find that most people are prepared to shuffle seats so that you are sitting with your children.

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.