Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
It might be cheap to fly there, but have you seen the price of visas? £115 for single entry so once you've factored that in, it becomes an expensive weekend!

Darren
Goodness I'd heard about EJ- Moscow a few weeks ago and thought for sure that would be going on my list. Not so sure now if you have to pay another £115 each for visas. :(
Wow, hadn't even thought about visas! Well that's that for a new gig destination! :lol:
A friend has booked his flight and paid for his visa. £50 plus £27 admin fee. so £77 for the visa.
Don't know whether things have changed but at one time if you were staying for over three days you had to register your visa on arrival which your hotel will normally do for you at the cost of approx 20GBP.

added: In the past you also had to have an invitation from someone (could be a travel agent, or someone in the hotel where you are staying) before you could even apply for a Visa, again this costs money. So it did add up to quite an amount alltogether. But I'm not up to date with requirements for travel to Russia so it may be quite a bit cheaper now.
Had an e mail from E Jet announcing these flights from £47. However the flights are only from London as far as I can see. That would be nearly 4 hours travelling time for us, plus the cost of petrol and depending on flight times, probably an overnight stay as well. Too expensive therefore for a short break for us. :think
Helen T,

They're also introduing flights from Manchester, rolled out in March 2013.

Darren
Roughly the same distance from here Darren :que The regional airports never seem to get the bargains :que
I suppose the service to either London or Manchester is also based on where Russians want to visit when here , perhaps there's not too much demand for the regional delights we have to offer , I'm also wondering how much do they pay for a visa to enter the UK ?
andy66 wrote:
I'm also wondering how much do they pay for a visa to enter the UK ?

A short-term (up to 6 months, single or multiple entry) visa for a Russian national visiting the UK is $129 (US).

Darren
The cost of hotels in Moscow is also extremely expensive - in fact the whole city is now very expensive...

Nivsy
We were in Moscow when the Film Festival was on and were put in a hotel about 30 mins outside the city as they had given our rooms to people connected with the festival as they could obviously get more money for them.

It was a llooongg time ago when we were on a 3 centre package and weren't told the names of the hotels before we arrived. It wasn't Allocated on Arrival, it was just the way Black Sea Holidays worked at the time.

It was also extremely cheap then and a metro ride was 5 kopeks, about 5p.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.