Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi duakay, the aircraft which you will be flying on to Dalaman, is an airbus 320,
no problem, i know im not on the crew for that one
Hi Darren & Co.

Could you tell me what aircraft type is operating the following flights:-

LTN-FAO 17/10/2010 EZY2017
FAO-LTN 22/10/2010 EZY2016

I have had a look at the Luton Airport timetable and if I read it correctly then outbound is an A319 & Inbound 737-700 but to be honest I couldn't work out the date range they were referring to on the timetable :duh

Thanks for your help.
Mark
Mark757,

LTN-FAO-LTN (EZY2017/6) are normally an A319, although it's sometimes swapped to a Boeing 737-700.

Darren
Still waiting for the Gatwick flights to be released - does anyone know when they will appear please?
Hi Jean - and me - keep checking, but not so often now and it'll be just my luck that they'll be released when I'm caught napping!!! :duh I saw somewhere that it could be November, I tried Easyjet, but they just say all flights will be released in batches by Christmas!! I shall be a nervous wreck by then! I guess we've just got to keep checking - what route are you after? As soon as I see them, I shall post on here. :tup
F45+
Actually I'm getting angry about the delay in releasing the Gatwick flights. :rage It's just an inconvenience for us as we are retired and are normally pretty flexible about when we go away. But I'm thinking about people who need to go in the school holidays or are trying to book holidays with friends from another area, whose flights have already been released ages ago. Popular places get booked up very quickly in peak periods and it just doesn't seem fair that we Southerners are at such a disadvantage. And it's EVERY time! Why can't EJ release flights in a different order each time so everyone gets their fair share of early booking advantage for their accommodation.

Rant over, but I can't be the only person feeling hacked off about this, can I? ;)
No you are not, but we must be patient, I am sure Logistics are involved.
:(
I'm getting angry about the delay in releasing the Gatwick flights
- what delay? I can't see that they ever promised a release date so how do you calculate delay. It's only the last couple of years they've released any summer flights before Christmas, it used to be much later than this. We've been through this many times before on various threads - even though some operators sell seats a full year in advance their ATC slots aren't confirmed until a few months before the season starts and if you buy early you still aren't guaranteed anything. Easyjet and some others tend to play safe, that way they have less hassle having to tell people about changes and you have more chance of getting what you paid for.
OK, Steve, so are you saying that the ATC slots for Gatwick are consistently released much later (closer to the dates they relate to) than other airports?
I've no idea when they agree them but I do know I've booked Gatwick flights after Christmas and they still had to be altered to suit closer to the date (it was a June flight and I think I got the email in March). Bear in mind that easyjet are still only just announcing new winter routes which start in a few weeks time. Gatwick Airports own site does show a summer 2011 schedule with Easyjet flights included but I've no idea how long that has been online. Their slot coordination is done by http://80.168.119.219/default.aspx - they do show a contact email address, you could ask them vaguely how the process works and what sort of deadlines they work to (like someone working on a uni project) , if you go head on and demand to know what is happening to easyjet at Gatwick they will tell you to go away.
I've heard that easyjet are moving 3 flight destinations from the north to south and in return moving 6 from the south to the north, not sure when this is exactly happening but goes to show that schedules are being revised etc. Also to bear in mind is that there are many more airlines involved at Gatwick to put all their schedules together in regard to the other airports that have released theirs.
I don't think southerners are being disadvantaged ( i am one and use gatwick ) because we have far more choice in terms of airlines , also easyjet fly to many more destinations from gatwick and on a more regular basis compared to other airports.
The schedules from gatwick are going to take more time to put together because there are so many, this is most likely the reason why we are still waiting when others have been released.
when i took my mum to gatwick recently for a flight to dubrovnik there were 25 easyjet flights departing in just over an hour so a fair bit of scheduling there along with all the other airlines, so i suppose a few ATC slots to sort out before schedules can be released.

steve8482 wrote:
, if you go head on and demand to know what is happening to easyjet at Gatwick they will tell you to go away.

i can't even imagine what ryanair would say! :swear :swear
I don't think southerners are being disadvantaged ( i am one and use gatwick ) because we have far more choice in terms of airlines , also easyjet fly to many more destinations from gatwick and on a more regular basis compared to other airports.

Well said Andy

I'm from Northern Ireland and would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to have the choice of airlines and destinations you have down there. There are so many major holiday destinations (eg anywhere in Greece or Turkey for starters!) we can only get on a package or charter. I appreciate the frustration of waiting for flight releases, Easyjet virtually took over my life as I checked obsessively for weeks for the flights we wanted to be released and we still missed out on our preferred accomodation for Easter.
If it's making you angry, use another airport - you've got plenty to choose from down there! :rofl Next summer we will be sitting in Bristol Airport for 5 hours and Stansted for another 5 waiting for connecting flights to and from Funchal, as that is the only way we can get where we want to go.

Incidently, if anyone from easyjet is reading this - Thanks for the 1st new route from Belfast in years, but I think your missing a trick if you don't invest in more. There's obvious demand in NI if you hit the popular destinations, but also, due to the weak pound against the Euro, the Southern Ireland market is also there for the taking. You only need to listen for the growing number of irish accents in Belfast International to know this!
another point to consider is it may not be a problem at Gatwick. They show 30 destinations from there but they don't have 30 Gatwick planes with each doing one route, they'll have about a dozen each doing 2 or 3 different places a day. So if say 3 or 4 of those destinations are a bit behind everyone else with their slot allocation the entire plane allocation plan could still be at the pencilled in stage. At this point certain airlines would sell the seats anyway but that doesn't seem to be the way easyjet work.

Of course it could be a commercial strategy but I'm not sure why their Gatwick strategy would be different to other airports.
I have been on the easyjet site and would like some clarification on baggage please. It says " up to 8 pieces of luggage up to 20kg." Is that each person and is there a charge as there is with ryanair.
Sorry to be dim, but haven't used budget airlines for a long time and have heard all the horror stories about excess charges.
many thanks
bee
Hi this may be helpful to you but in summary, you have to pay for any hold baggage. You have 20kg per person total weight allowance regardless of how many bags you take.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/planning/baggage.html
Hello :)
I am due to get married in Rhodes in September 2011 and I need your advice regarding flights.

If i book my flights just after new year, would you expect the flights to stay the same? I'm not bothered if easyjet have to adjust the time of the flight, but i am a bit scared incase they need to change the date, or cancel the flight, leaving us with no flight.

thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.