Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Easyjet Summer Schedule from Gatwick is being released on 1 December. All other departure airport schedules have been published. I wish they wouldnt hold back on Gatwick departures though - I need to get my flights booked asap and dont want to book anything till Ive seen Easyjets schedule - so frustrating. Still, just about another week to wait :think
As for answering emails - frustrating again - they can be very slow in replying but they do have a question and answer section and I usually find what I need there. However, if you are making a complaint - dont hold your breath!!
I have now had a reply to my complaint, although not surprisingly it's not the reply I wanted!
I am travelling with my mother who is her mid 80's with Easyjet to Tenerife next month. She is able and ok to walk with a stick but feels more comfortable if I am with there to hold her arm etc whilst boarding

We have NOT booked priority booking ..Will my mother be allowed on board as one of the first with me (her carer) to assist her..

I really have tried to get an answer on this one via the easyjet site (no answer) and have just got off the phone talking to a easjet lady with a south african accent who whilst very pleasant was useless..She insisted that the only way of getting my mother on the plane was in a wheel chair ..even though I explained my mother is fine walking with a little help!

Can anyone please help with an answer ??? thanks
Hotel stayer,

If you ask the check-in agent about your need to board first (or with priority boarding passengers) and avoid the rush, I'm sure they'll accomodate your needs. Refer to the EZY website for more details.

Darren
I would suggest you use the term SPECIAL ASSISTANCE (SA) as the service your mother needs for boarding. SAs are usually sandwiched in between the Speed Boarders (SB) and Group A.

You may need to ask for this to be written on your boarding card at the airport.

All the best to you and your mum, and Happy Landings!
Easyjet's Gatwick schedule for Summer 2009 has been delayed for release until 5 December Very frustrating when youre waiting to book. :banghead:

Holiday Stayer - Alsacienne is right - you need to ask for Special Assistance or pay for priority boarding. I'm sure you and your mum will have a great time :)
Hotel stayer,

A thought occurs to me. You say she normally walks with a stick, what about stairs? You don't say which airport in the UK but Easyjet often don't use airbridges for boarding and she will have to climb up the stairs (and if the lounge design assumes that the bridge would be used, she'll have to climb down stairs to the tarmac first).
Thanks for all your replies.. Yes she uses a stick but is fine doing stairs at at an ok rate as long as she has me to hold onto her (confidence thing) Sounds like I will just ask for SA for both of us (me as carer) at check in.

I've flown Easyjet on my own a number of times and have had no problems with them at all.

Trying to get an answer out of them on my above question has been impossible and totally frustrating..i appreciate its all done to a price but their "Customer Services Champions" are obviously working to a script..I was refeerred to their web site which doesn't answer my question (wouldn't have asked if it did would I?) ..The Girl in south africa finally E mailed me to tell me she couldn't give me an answer..

I politely requested that if she couldn't provide an answer then could she please refer it to her supervisor..and suprise suprise i haven't heard anything since..

Is it really that extraordinary for a carer to ask whether they can Have SA to assist an elderly lady on board who can walk but doesn't need a wheel chair ?? Easyjet obviously think so because its not on their "frequently asked questions"
Hotel stayer,

You Can Add Special Assistance (SA) Boarding As A Request Online Using The MyEasyJet.com

Hope This Is Of Some Help To You

Gower
  • Edited by David 2008-11-28 10:51:57
    Sorry, but Easyjet web content may not be reproduced. However I see that Hotel Stayer has now taken note anyway.
Thanks Gower..much appreciated however if you log into the MyEasyjet site and see the options available you will see they all refer to individuals travelling alone requiring assistance/wheel chairs etc.

There is no reference to carers and (SA)

I think i'm just going to turn up at the check in desk and request SA for my mum with me helping her board the aircraft.
Hotel Stayer .. special assistance passengers and their carers are referred to under section 8 of Easyjet's Booking Regulations, and also via the separate link which Darren gave earlier.

David :wave
David ...Thank you ever so much! .. Found it

Problem solved!
Hi,

Can someone tell me or direct me to Easyjet charges for booking by credit card please? Is it a percentage or so much each flight.

Thanks
Jean
JeanM,

All flight bookings with Easyjet incur a £1.95 booking fee apart from bookings made by Visa electron or Carte Bleue (domestic transactions); these are free. Bookings made by Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, American Express, UATP/Airplus incur a charge of 2.5% of the total transaction value (with a minimum charge of £3.50, whichever is greater).

EDIT: David just beat me to it!!!

Darren
Do you think Easy jet might go from Blackpool now that Ryanair have pulled out.
When will Easyjet bring out the winter 2009 from Alicante. We can get there on the 01/10/2009 but want to come home on the 30/10/2009.
Hi,

Thanks David and Darren for the info.

Jean
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.