Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Just had a e-mail off esyjet saying my Wednesday return flight from Faro in January has been cancelled.
Just to let you all know the outcome from my 'disrupted' flight. I did email them then spent a good while on the phone. I did manage to get through to them in the end. The lady on the phone said not to worry they would refund me. I then got an email from them confirming this. I ended up booking the return flight with Ryanair.....better flight time and cheaper :tup
But you do realise you've booked with Ryanair and unless you've paid a premium price then you won't get the added bonus of stairs onto the aircraft you'll have to just jump really high :cheers
Hi anyone any hints on easyjet 2009 flight release from liverpool to Palma? I remember last year it was November 2nd . I thought they might release them early as BMI baby have.
When do Easyjet release their summer 09 prices?
I was expecting it to be at the beginning of this month but they're still not out.
Hi
i was wondering when the new flights will be out for April 2009, as trying to find flights for april is next to impossible! i have found 2 different ones so far!!!
Are easy jet planning to reduce their Manchester Flights ?
caz144 wrote:
Are easy jet planning to reduce their Manchester Flights ?

They're expanding from MAN rather than reducing!

Darren
Thanks Dazbo5
There just seems persistant chatter :(
Do you have any idea why the cancelled Flight U21917 (MAN-ALC) yesterday?? (5th)
caz144,

I'm not sure, they've had a couple of cancellations recently. They're basing more aircraft at MAN in the coming months including the newer A319's.

Darren
I have checked in online from Luton to Nice on 5 Dec. Can I check in from Nice to Luton for the return on 7th? I don't know if its possible.
travelling with easyjet for the firt time at the end of the month and someone as said they have heard that if there flights are late they just cancel them, please tell me thats not right, thanks
wn5,

That's not true. They don't just cancel flights just because they are late. There are operational reasons why flights get cancelled, not just becasue they are late.

Darren
thanks dazbo5, also when you say easyjet are getting new planes A319s what is the difference are they bigger, smaller thanks
wn5,

When EZY first started, they operated two varients of the Boeing 737. Through expansion, fleet renewal and no doubt a huge discount from Airbus, they've changed types to the Airbus A319. The 737's are being phased out to leave them with an all Airbus fleet. They also have some A320 and A321's through the aquisition of GB Airways earlier this year. They are roughly the same size of aircraft (~150 seats) so you'll not notice much of a difference from a passengers perspective. Service levels remain the same across the fleet.

Darren
I am having trouble with trying to book a flight with Easyjet before Christmas. The winter timetable assures me that there are daily flights between Basel and Stansted but whenever I try to fill in the online booking form, it comes up that there are no flights available. It does this what ever dates I try to use .............. is it a computer glitch or is there something more sinister going on?

PS I have been trying for 48 hours now with no luck!
Oh dear. Despite having a BSL-STN slot on the winter timetable, I have received a reply from Easyjet to say that that route has been withdrawn from their winter plans. So it's now pay up and go to LGW at a fare aimed at business men, or, horror of horrors, fly from FKB with Ryanair ...........................
They've also cut back on some days from Liverpool to Basel but say they're starting a new Gatwick -Basel

or you could try Swiss International for Basel- London City, they've still got some seats at about CHF150 return including tax, luggage and coffee if you can be flexible on dates and play with their system.
Hi Steve! Yes I often do BSL-LCY, but it's not always fair to book it as a one way and discard the other half. The LGW route was made available because AF decided to fly SXB-LCY when that slot became available, and that is what made LGW available to EZY. Unfortunately this flight is really angled at businessmen, with deeper pockets than mine, and I used to live in the STN area, so LGW really is inconvenient because I have to get around London - or take a coach, which adds considerably to the travelling time.

As I live in the BSL/FKB area, it can be a problem to get the best prices .... they always seem more reasonable ex-UK!!! And I will be disappointed if they cut the BSL-LPL frequency as it's my home area and I have loads of friends up there! Still BSL-MAN with LX is usually good value, even if it does mean a long weekend!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.