Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
How strict are easy jet with middle names on passport

so if someones name on there passport was

susan mary smith

and the flight was booked as

susan smith

would they be funny
That's not a problem chris. Easyjet only require first name and last name, so any middle name on a passport is irrelevant to them.

David :wave
sorry didn't reply sooner internet was down all last night

thanks a lot for that

i actually did put my middle name down in my booking.

but only yesterday found out my friend did,

i was going to book her a new flight at a cost of £100 to me, as i didn't want her to turn up at the airport and be declined booking.
Easyjet have just released prices up to End March from london airports :tup
Can someone advise me on what is allowed in hand luggage? reason im asking is im wanting to bring alot of electrical itams such as walki talkies and hair dryers maybe some hair straightners for the missus too.

Thanks Mark.
Like many other airlines, it seems that Easyjet will be cutting flights over the winter months and introducing other cost saving measures, due to their escalating fuel bill.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7522794.stm

There was this article in last Sundays People. No Doubt its been hyped up to be overly dramatic but wondered if anyone like Darren had heard anything as to the cause if this incident, as it seems a cigarette was probably not involved:-

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_headline=terror-as-fire-hits-jet&method=full&objectid=20655220&siteid=93463-name_page.html

I'm assuming its an ex GB Aircraft as it says A320?

Thanks
Mark
Mark757,

I've seen the initial incident report. Yet more over-dramatic reporting by the British media! The cabin crew did a great job as any fire in a confined space, especially an aircraft is of great concern. It's believed to have been an electrical fault, but until the investigation report is released, that was only the rumour. It was indeed one of the EX-GB aircraft, can't remember the reg though.

Darren
We're looking to book a trip in May next year and would like to book asap. Does anyone know when the prices will be out please ?
Will i be able to claim back the airport tax on flights i need to cancel? I paid £180 for the TAX alone.
You can reclaim the Air Passenger Duty (APD) element from Easyjet, subject to a service charge by them for processing the claim.

How strict are easy jet with middle names on passport

so if someones name on there passport was

susan mary smith

and the flight was booked as

susan smith

would they be funny

Ive got a simular question, i have a flight booked with them. originaly the flight was booked with my first and last name.
But it was changed over the phone to include my middle name. this was because i was concerned about api rules to spain, and didnt want a problem (although im told that first and last names are ok?)
Problem is my itinery has only my first and last name. will this cause an issue at check in? could imagine them being "difficult" and saying my name is wrong or incomplete etc
As long as the first and last name correspond you should be OK. Many airlines only have the first initial and surname on the tickets.

luci :wave
thats what i thought thanks luci. when i eventually get a reply from easy jet i will post it here for reference? might be useful for someone else. :)
I am about to book a Christmas break with on the beach website. The flight is with easyjet. The price includes passenger duty fuel suppliments etc but does not state if it includes hold luggage. If any one has booked a holiday with on the beach - did it include hold luggage
Thanks Sue
hi sue funnily enough i have done exactly the same thing! (lanzarote) and also with easyjet.
Im pretty much sure luggage was extra and i payed it at the time i was booking the trip it comes up when you a paying on the OTB site.
If you check you should find that it will show up on your booking summary they email you. mine says that it includes 1 bag to go in the hold.
If you have a problem or need to add luggage you will need to ring easyjet as your booking wont show up through their website as it was booked by OBT in your behalf.
Hope this helps ive had a couple of really confused moments with OTB ;)
Thanks for your reply - I have booked the holiday and the option to book hold luggage did come up.

Cheers Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.