Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Actually we have flown several times with BA and as long as you book at the right time they can be very reasonable especially when you take into consideration that everything is included. Also if we need to pay for parking then that is a lot cheaper at Gatwick then Stansted although it is a little further to drive.

We haven't flown Monarch for a while so they are a possibility.

Alsacienne - I totally agree with you re bad behaviour - but that has been mentioned before so I will say no more........

Pippa
i had my first experience with easyjet last week flying to gib.
nearly a 2 hour delay going out and 1 hour delay coming back, although they did make up some time on both occassions.
the scrum at embarcation was much worse than my normal scrum with ryanair, but my experience with them was a definite advantage on these flights as i did get my pick of seats on both journeys ;)
the bit that got me was the pilot on the way back blaming ATC for introducing changes to the rules, and then saying he would be taking a shortcut on the way back to help make up time.
why cant all airlines just tell the truth and let us know the facts; the plane was late arriving and they had to file a new flight plan and they would use a bit more fuel flying a bit faster to try and get their schedule back on track for their own benefit.
The winter schedule seems late this year and with another "summer special sale" it looks like it may drift into July.

Frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robby :wink:
What month are sunmmer flights normally on sale?
winter is out now from manchester

and boy do i wish i'd waited for flights to tenerife, and not booked with jet 2. could have saved over £200

but then again i tell people not to look and i did :duh

just waiting for the liverpool ones to come out
I spoke too soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Booked, must missed the bargain prices, only just though.

Perhaps I'm out of date, but Easyjet has a new website. However, despite all the new bells and whistles I couldn't find the part that gives realtime (live) flight arrivals. I was knocked out to receive a reply from Customer Services only 2 hours - and on a Sunday at that - after I had emailed them and had an automatic reply telling me that it could be up to several working days before I heard back from them.

If you want to check live arrivals, you should type inhttp://www.easyjet.com/EN/flying/arrivals.asp ...... but then you probably knew that already!!
EasyJet starts selling winter schedule

Winter flights from Bristol, East Midlands, Manchester and Newcastle have been put on sale by easyJet.

Fares start at £21.99 one-way in the winter schedule which runs from November 2 to March 28, 2009.

Geneva and Grenoble were the top winter ski destinations in 2007, but the addition of services to Innsbruck and Sofia earlier this year, are expected to open up new markets for independent winter sports enthusiasts, according to the airline.

The carrier is releasing its winter schedule base by base.

Flights from Basel, Belfast, Berlin, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Geneva, Glasgow, Liverpool, Luton, Lyon, Madrid, Milan Malpensa, Paris Orly, Paris Charles De Gaulle and Stansted, will be available within the next few weeks.

With permission from Travelmole
Hi all. Does anyone have a promotional code for Easyjet flights? Thanks in advance
This has probably been asked before but I need some advice. We're booked on an internal Easyjet flight, 4 of us travelling all with the same surname ( 2 couples ). Somehow I've got one of the surnames misspelt when I booked online, only by one letter. The question is, should I pay £20 to change one letter or trust to luck & common sense. We've checked in online so it's only the passport check to worry about.

Cheers,

Jim
jim,

The decision is down to you / the passengers involved really but I personally would get the spelling changed. If you arrive for the flight and the name on your photo id doesn't match the name on the ticket and it's noticed, you may be refused travel.

Darren
Hi all. Thinking of booking an Easyjet flight for middle of August. :think Is the price likely to go down nearer the date? Thanks in advance.
It's always possible that fares may come down if they are having trouble filling that flight or if any seat sales are introduced, but it's perhaps unlikely. It is more likely that the fare will gradually increase from now until departure date, or until the flight is full.

David :wave
I've found that from about 6 weeks before, the price seems to start going up the nearer you get to the departure date and I'm kicking myself for not booking :banghead: Louise
Hi Lou. I should have booked tonight but went to the pub instead :rofl . Price of flight has gone up while I've been out :( . Will def book tomorrow if it goes back down.
Aw come on when are the liverpool ones going to be out................. :think
What is the price per person per one way flight change on Easyjet?
Each change is subject to a £20.00 fee (a saving of £10.00 over the call centre) plus any increase in flight fare, per passenger per flight. A date or time change made to a Flexible Fare is free of charge.
The Flexible Fares are a lot dearer though.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.