Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Our experience is the same, David. We fly from Gatwick and nearly always use EasyJet. We do move as far forward as we can before our number is called, but we (and people around us doing the same thing) are well aware that we must stand back and let people with earlier boarding priority through in front of us. We have seen many people turned back if they try to go through the gate before they are called, and we've never been involved in anything like a scrum!
I hope Stansted is well behaved then!!

Pippa
Fear not Pippa! Stansted is very well behaved ..... and if you were flying R***air, if you tried to barge in you might not be allowed on the flight at all.

In my opinion, Greenshoes, your attitude is very selfish. Not all speedy boarders are those who want a good seat on the aircraft, but some - like me last week - who need a bit of extra time to get settled and if a person like you were to barge me, you might actually do me physical harm (having been recently discharged from hospital).

I sincerely hope that people who share your attitude are firmly invited to remain in the boarding lounge until those entitled to early boarding have boarded, and then made to go to the back of the queue. I've certainly witnessed this at Basel and Stansted. And serve them right.
Thanks for that Alsacienne - I do hope you are feeling better now.

Personally I think that people like Greenshoes should not be allowed to board at all - that way they wouldn't try it again would they? Thank goodness we do not all have that selfish attitude.

Pippa
Have to agree about Stansted. Was well behaved when I flew with EJ from there earlier on in the year
I think it might also depend on the time of year you travel. I was travelling at the begining of the six week school holidays & from Gatwick and I felt the check in at the desks was a bit of a scrum. Originally there were two desks which became four closer to check in closing so people from the back surged forward, in an uncrontolled manner at that point.

There were a dozen young lads all with surf boards taller than me & I kind of got mixed up in the surf boards & lads and lost my family. :rofl (although I guess there might be worse places to spend a holiday :really )

There was also a problem at the gate with people trying to queue jump as has been mentioned.

On the plus side we did get an airbridge and everything else about the flight was excellent. It was also 320 pounds cheaper than BA. I would certainly fly with them again.

Doe :sun2
Do Easyjet tend to use airbridges at Stansted or is it a walk in the open air? If the weather tomorrow is like it is today we may need a waterproof or brolly handy!!

Pippa
The current schedule for Easy Jet only goes up to 2 November 2008 does anyone know when they release prices for dates after that? I am looking to book end Nov 08.
It is always a walk in the open air for EasyJet from Stansted - and for Ryanair too.
Easyjet say that November dates will be bookable from June, but won't give a date. I am also looking to book in November and if I can't do it before 19th June then I am going to lose money on the flights I have booked, as detailed elsewhere in this thread!
Thanks Noel, well June isnt that far off, so not too long to wait now.
Hi can anyone remember what date easyjet summer flights got released last year?
I booked this year's flights to Dalaman on 1st January.
I have travelled with Easyjet many times from Glasgow, Edinburgh and Belfast airports, and must say that I have never witnessed or experienced any sort of scrum. Everything has always been very orderly and well controlled. Perhaps it is just a problem at certain airports.

David

Me neither.

Have flown EJ to Paris from newcastle on many occasions with small children with us without a problem.

Those with Small Children get priority just like speedy boarders and i can't say i've ever seen a scrum to get on.

There isn't really any point anyway as you'll all get on as you're all booked!
When Easyjet release their Winter fares, later this month, what month will it it go to next year please?
I want to book a flight going in April and returning in May - and if it only goes up to April I may have a problem. Thanks
When Easyjet release their Winter fares, later this month, what month will it it go to next year please?
I want to book a flight going in April and returning in May - and if it only goes up to April I may have a problem. Thanks
The winter fares only usually run through until 28th March.
Have returned from Valencia with Easyjet and I still do not like flying with them. The flights themselves were absolutely fine and on time both ways so no problems there.

We were early checking in at Stansted so were allocated group A boarding. Why, oh why though do all those who have group B insist on crowding round the gate so that those all those in other groups struggle to find their way through. Some in group B even try to get on with the other groups - most thankfully being turned back. No wonder some people from other countries think of us as being ignorant sometimes - we do not seem to understand (or do not want to) the boarding procedures of Easyjet.

Returning from Valencia the desks opened just under 2 hours before the flight - 2 desks which were both painfully slow - we were about halfway down the queue and it took 50 minutes for us to check in. Boarding was slightly better - mostly probably due to the flight not being full and also a airbridge which does control things a little more.

I personally find all flying a little bit of a hassle but Easyjet make it worse. Will think twice before flying with them again - even if it does mean we go to Gatwick instead of Stansted.

Pippa
Sorry Pippa, that the info I gave you didn't actually hold true for your flight. Normally Stansted is well behaved, but there are some people who really don't care about rules, safety or commonsense .... those people in Group B that you mentioned. I do wish people would be a little less selfish and respect others more ......................
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.