Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Just back from holiday in Ibiza. We had a bit of a nightmare at Luton flying out. We arrived at Luton 50mins before the flight due to the M1 being closed (I never imagined it taking 7 hours!) to be told that the gate had closed. A frantic conversation with the Easyjet desk and they said we had 10 minutes to check in the suitcase, clear security and get to the plane, so we made a mad dash - paid for priority security only to find it was clear anyway (couldn't see what the queue was like from the machine) and ran through the airport only to find that they hadn't actually announced the gate!
5mins after clearing security the gate was announced, and we were the first ones to the gate, and waited 20mins to board.
When I print of my boarding pass, do I need to keep the boarding pass as A4 paper, can I cut of everything else apart form the Boarding card
joeseptuk,

It's important you keep it as an A4 sheet. The gate agent will detatch the bottom part when you are at the boarding gate. If you detach it, they may refuse you boarding.

Darren
If a person has printed out their own boarding pass and is travelling hand luggage only, do folk think it would be OK to arrive an hour and a half before departure rather than two hours ?

This is for Monday morning at Stansted, very early flight. I have checked the seating plan and there are only about 15 seats remaining so it's pretty full.
doe,

As long as you leave enough time to get through security and be at the boarding gate about 30 minutes before your departure time, that should be fine. Just take in to account how busy the airport might be at that time of day / year. You don't want to risk missing your flight due to hold ups at security.

Darren
Thanks Darren. It's for my DD and her friend, it's tomorrow morning. I guess it will be fairly busy as there is probably a combination of holiday makers and business travellers first thing on a Monday morning.
Hi dazbo..
When will Easyjet, be releasing there flights for may 2014??
Thanks in advance..
Buzzer1404,

You'll have to ask Easyjet that one! Probably sometime towards September but just keep checking their website for releases.

Darren
Buzzer1404 wrote:
Hi dazbo..
When will Easyjet, be releasing there flights for may 2014??
Thanks in advance..

Or sign up for their newsletter and they send you an email.
Hi,

I've printed off my boarding passes for Liverpool departure, and there are also boarding passes for return journey from Faro - does this mean that I can just go straight to security at Faro (as I do in Liverpool) as travelling with hand luggage only?

Thanks.
cagzy,

In a word, yes. Once you have your boarding cards, you are checked in so no need to go to check-in again, just go straight through security.

Darren
i see on easyjets facebook page they say the May 2014 flights will be available to book by the end of July, do they give any further updates or are they just released.

i have signed up to the easyjet letter, is there any other ways of being notified?
My daughters family booked flights when they came out last year. My son-in-law has a long standing health condition, that isn't covered by insurance, and was expected to stay stable. However he has recently become seriously ill and they can't go. I have been racking my brains to try to find a way to prevent them losing all the money, but it seems whatever way we turn we can't do anything without spending more money first which they could end end up losing anyway. If they change the flights to others being offered by Easyjet in the future they go up to March, it will cost £280 more for 4 people, plus any difference between what we paid and the price of the new flight. We have no idea what the position in March will be and whether they will be able to use them. If they don't and we sell to someone else it will cost the buyers £280 again, and if they were to change to a different date it's another £280. I have asked Easyjet if they would give them a voucher for next summer, after having explained the situation 4 times to them, after getting cut-off mid flow etc.,but they won't. Even though in the small print it says they have the discretion to. If we sell them as they are whoever buys them would have to pay about £200 per person to cover the charge and price difference. Does anyone know of a website where they could be advertised for sale?
Hannibal Smith wrote:
i see on easyjets facebook page they say the May 2014 flights will be available to book by the end of July, do they give any further updates or are they just released.

i have signed up to the easyjet letter, is there any other ways of being notified?

I see it's now changed till the begining of September! Wish they'd make up their minds :que i think i'll just check the easyjet website from the end of july to be on the safe side...
We've booked to go to Fuerteventura in September, and although we booked the package through Thomas Cook/Airtours, the flights are from Bristol airport with Easyjet.

As we wanted to sit together on the flights, I've e-mailed Thomas Cook to see if we can pay the extra to do this, but they have come back saying they can't allocate any seats in advance, and said to contact Easyjet direct. I've now been in touch with Easyjet, and they are saying as the seats have been booked by another company, they can't to allocate seats. As we can't do this I'm assuming we can't check in online either, so will head off to the airport early, to hopefully grab a couple of seats together.

Has anyone else done the same?
Can anyone advise me what days Easyjet flew to Dalaman this year from Edinburgh in July?
Or does anyone know what days they will fly next year in July?

Wanting to book a villa and prepared to take a risk that the flights will be same next year.

Thanks.
twinboysmum,

Previous days a flight has operated isn't necessarily the day a future flight will operate. I would wait until flights are announced or released before committing to accommodation dates. you should be able to check current days on Easyjet's website by doing a dummy booking.

Darren
Hi Thomasjason

We too have a Thomas cook holiday but are flying with Easy jet. We fly on 20th Aug from Gatwick. When I phoned easyjet I was advised to phone a few days before because Thomas Cook don't advise them of passengers until a couple of days before. We would then be able to buy seats together and allocate our seats. Hope this helps and hope it works for us and for you
Has anyone else been in this situation before?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.