Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
We are off to Tenerife on Tuesday from Manchester and booked speedy boarding plus (our only luxury !) and keen to find out how many speedy boarders Easyjet have per flight now.

It used to be around 20ish per flight but as its a good money earner and with the demise of loading groups A, B and C wondered how many of our fellow passengers we are 'up against' for the emergency exit seats!

As you know Ryanair can have up to 50% of the plane as priority boarders - hopefully Easyjet numbers are significantly less.

Chris
I asked the guy at the checkin desk at Manchester Airport on Tuesday and he tells me you can have a max of 30 speedy boarders for each flight. So now I know !!

Chris
Hubby and I are taking our twin girls to England at the end of April. Flying Belfast International - Stansted, what are the chances of us being able to sit one row behind the other? I know we can't be together due to only 1 infant mask on a row so am wondering how far apart we are likely to be? Also we are taking our iCandy Pear pushchair with us, we will be taking a bag to put it in at the gate as there are 2 parts to the chassis. We will have the Maxi Cosi car seats on the frame instead of the seat units to reduce the amount of things we have to take. I can't find it on Easyjet's website but am I right in thinking that we won't be charged any extra for the pushchair and 2 car seats. The car seats will be going in bags designed for them to minimise risk of damage. I assume that Easyjet will be ok with this.
I was under the impression that easyjet didnt do in flight entertainment. However, i had a look on the airliners.net photo gallery and a cabin shot taken on an A320 showed tv screens. This would be great for our 3.5 hr flight to Malta, or is that too short a flight?
i would be interested too as we are flying to malta from manchester in september. we have speedy boarding plus going out - will the check in desk be next to the regular easyjet one?

thank you, joanne
Hi all,

Is there any way I can book speedy boarding for my flights even though I booked with Lowcostholidays!

I am sure I read it on here before but can't find it now, if so could some kind person point me in the right direction - or tell me I am losing the plot :que

Thanks all.

Deb.
justinexyz & jo25,

The picture you would have seen would have been an ex GB Airrways Aircraft whiich had the IFE installed. There are however only 4 of these in the fleet now and they do not use the IFE on them. All their new A320's do not have IFE

Gower
Which aircraft is likely to be used for the following flights and which rows/seats have infant oxygen masks on them?

Outbound
23/04/2010 EZY264 BFS-STN dep 1620.

Return
04/05/2010 EZY257 STN-BFS dep 1155.
Further to my recent post and for anyone interested; EJ have stopped flying to Krakow from Newcastle. What a shame :(
I have recently booked flights with Easy Jet to Tenerife, and paid to check in 3 bags. It says that i'm allowed 80 kilos, with 3 checked in bags on my invoice. I thought it was 20 kilos a bag ,which would only be 60 kilos. Is this correct do you think? I would hate to turn up and be told i'm 20 kilos overweight, even though it states i'm allowed 80 kilos.

Maxine
Are four travelling Stella ? if so that is ok because you can combine luggage with EJ no case must weigh more than 32kg. the allowance is 20kg per passenger.
Sorry Stella I begin to doubt what I have told you is correct sorry :cry
I think you are right - assuming that Stella has booked for 4 people.

Each person has a "free" allowance of 20kg and after that you're into excess baggage charges - but the word free only applies to the flying bit! Each bag is charged an airport handling fee. There is a logic here, the flying bit depends on the weight (which affects the fuel used) but the handling effort is affected by the numbers of items that have to be picked up. The 32kg limit is a safe handling weight after which they would need more equipment -which they don't have.

easyjet are one of the few no frills airlines that let you pool allowances. So, if we are dealing with 4 people here, that's 4x20kg for fuel calculations and if you can get it into 3 bags you only have to pay 3 airport handling charges.

It's explained in pictures at http://easyjet.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easyjet.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=4&p_created=1074004664&p_sid=RISNQuwj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MjYsMjYmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PWhvbGQgYmFnZ2FnZQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

If you are going to stuff 80kg onto 3 bags make sure you do it evenly, that averages at nearly 27kg a bag and it would be easy to get it wrong and get one over 32kg and banned at any price!

If one passenger booked 3 bags then 3 handling fees would have to be paid but the total free weight limit would still be 20kg.
There are four of us travelling, but i only paid to check in 3 bags. I assumed it would be 20 kilos each bag, which is why i don't understand why it says i have 80 kilos baggage allowance.

60 kilos is enough for us, as we have 2 young children and there little clothes don't take up much space. Thats why i opted to book only 3 bags in the first place. I think it must be an error on their part, and if i turn up at checkin with over 60 kilos they will probably charge me, even though it states i have 80 kilos.
Hi Maxine ... each fare paying passenger has a checked baggage allowance of 20kgs and so for your party of four, you have a combined baggage allowance of 80kgs.

However, if you intend to make use of all or part of your checked baggage allowance, then you have to pay a fee for each item of baggage checked in. You have opted to pay for just 3 bags, but this does not affect your combined baggage allowance of 80kgs. Even if you had opted to pay for 2, 4 or 5 items of checked baggage, it still wouldn't affect your combined baggage allowance of 80kgs. As the fee is per bag, paying for 3 bags doesn't reduce your total baggage allowance to 60kgs, just as paying for 5 bags wouldn't increase your allowance to 100kgs.

Your combined allowance is 80kgs and it is up to you how many bags you wish to divide or spread that allowance between, providing that you pay the appropriate fee for each bag, and that no single bag exceeds 32kgs in weight.

David :wave
Thanks very much David. I thought i would only have 80 kilos if i had booked and paid for 4 bags. I won't be taking 80 kilos, but it's nice to know that i can take a few extra items and not worry if the cases are a little over 20 kilos. Thanks again for your help.

Maxine
I haven't flown with easyJet for a couple of years and am just looking at flights to Alicante, how expensive have they become!!

They have always been dearer than Ryanair but now they are even dearer than Monarch, and they have a sale on as well.

Always find easyJet a pleasure to fly for the money I pay, but the prices they are charging at the moment seem high for a low cost airline. Is anyone else finding them pricier than their competion or is it only on the routes I'm looking at :que
I think easyjet are still setting the price right for what you get I got 2 flights return to Palma 1 case CC charge in April for under £100.00. Booked yesterday May Inverness to Luton £10.50.
You pays your money and takes your pick.
Alicante always is high price but I find cheaper than MON out of Luton,
Finally took the plunge and booked from Luton with Monarch, only £10 cheaper than easyJet but thats the first 3 pints paid for!! (maybe 4 if I'm lucky). Ryanair were much cheaper than Monarch & easyJet but that was from Stansted, by the time I would have added the airport parking and the inconvenience of flying from Stansted I decided to stick with the cheapest Luton flight.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.