Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
yep love them or loathe them it is a wonderful achievement in UK airtransport and a significant development fom the opening days of two leased Boeing 737 200 series aeroplanes flying between Luton, Glasgow and Edinburgh

Well done EZY.

Nivsy :tup
Can anyone tell me if Easyjet usually board with the airbridges at Lanzarote?

Just deliberating whether to pay for Speedy boarding or not.

Have seen the situation at other airports where the speedy boarders waste their money when all passengers are bused to the plane.

any info appreciated
Hi,
I am flying to Larnaca from Gatwick 18/09/10 can anyone tell me what aircraft easyjet operate on this route (EZY8813/6)
I'm Guessing it's probably an A320/1 but just wondered also does anyone know how the boarding works at Larnaca ie: Bus or airbridge
Thanks in advance
Russ
russ0467,

EZY8813 is scheduled to be operated by an Airbus A320-200.

Darren
me my husband and another couple are going to mallorca in two weeks time flying from newcastle they have had a e-mail saying the flight time has changed so i went on to easyjet website and the times have changed so wondering why they havent let me know, anyone else had their flights changed for the next few weeks we go on the 10th april.
Hi Julie - yes same thing happened to me, I was being nosey checking flight prices and noticed that the times had changed so went into my account and low and behold there was a note telling me I needed to confirm the changes to our flights - NO EMAIL. Had the same problem as well with other parties that have also booked to go with us, I first noticed this in February and emailed Easyjet and only got a reply a week ago!!!

Nicky
thanks their is nothing in my spam and no note in my account think we are just going to the airport for the time they give us first time just means we will have extra time in the airport.
The business of spam filters and automated mails is getting a bit dodgy. I sent an email to an Italian hotel last week and 2 minutes later I got a message saying that their ISP had identified my mail server (BT Yahoo) as a source of spam and was blocking the IP address for 12 hours. It didn't even put it in a seperate folder for the hotel to decide, just deleted it straight off! If you get one of these notices from easyjet (or any other airline) it normally has a warning that it came from an automated system so do not click reply. So you could get the situation where an automated email gets blocked by automated censor which sends an automated reply to back to an address that automatically deletes everything coming in - and no-one is any the wiser! Given the number of genuine emails that airlines send out there's a good chance that spam filters will target them. Anyone booking anything from a big company really needs to know how their ISP handles spam, will it let you decide or does it have it's own policy?

One question, did you actually get the confirmation email from easyjet when you booked or did you just print off the confirmation screen after you paid?
i booked about 3 months ago and did get the confermation off the times and date i also booked for my friend but put her email address in her and it was her that got a email just in her inbox saying about the time change and i know its correct because been on to easyjet website and the time has changed from the time i booked, its just i havent had confermation off the change.
same here got an e-mail from easyjet apologising for the changes was quite worried when i seen that part but the flight has only been altered 5 minutes earlier for my flight on 8th o may problems with landing slots or summit
julie

I'm not sure I understand your last message. Are you saying you made TWO seperate bookings at different occasions to get two people onto the same flight? Every booking should get two confirmations, first on screen when the payment has gone through and the second about 10 minutes later in an email. You can print and use either version as your ticket but if you don't get the email it's a warning that there is something wrong and you probably won't get any others from them.

Stuzer

It's a good point about them panicking people with emails about minor changes - Monarch once sent me one and when I opened it the flight was departing as advertised but landing 10 minutes earlier! Because they are automated no-one at Monarch would have seen this and thought to stop it.
no i only booked 1 set off flights for me and husband did get confermation then email, which i have printed off then 1 week later friends decided they wanted to come and did the same for them its my friend who as got a email saying about the flight change ive got nothing.
So you have made two seperate bookings a week apart.

The amendment emails may not have been sent at exactly the same moment but you should have had yours by now. Sounds like a spam filter problem. You need to find out what your ISPs policy is but in the longer term all the airlines (and many other businesses ) need to get to grips with this issue.
Any one who barges through without paying for Speedy Boarding should be banned from flying with Easy Jet.
People pay in good faith for this and expect to be first to board, though I know it doesn't always work out that way.
In our experiences it only means that you're first on the bus to the plane, it's pure luck who gets off the bus first to board the plane.
does anyone know if speedy boarding plus has been introduced at Tenerife Sur airport yet, it wasnt the last time we went from Tenerife. We fly back to the Uk on Tuesday.

Thanks Chris
Those of us who have expeirenced the rush forward to the boarding gate for Easyjet flights once passengers are called to board. On the subject of speedy boarding I have noticed when passengers who have booked this are called, you allways get one or two who are turned back but stay near the gate. because they have been allocated group A as it was, now I think its group 2. These people who were further back but came forward, are now at the front. Is it a genuine mistake, have they not flown Easyjet before, are they hard of hearing, or are they wise.
hi, hope some can help out here, my return flight times have been changed in september, so i went on to the main esyjet site logged on to my account to check what my email i got from them to see if i had to do anything as yet i had not printed any such paperwork off, first question what do i need to print off? as there is no such boarding pass's with this company, last time i check there was all my info with a bar code on top, but now the page formate as changed just with my info and no bar code. also do i need to print of two of my details for both outbound and in bound. i don't really fancy flying with easyjet again to dam stressfull.
Hi little legs,

All you need for both journeys is your booking reference as your name will be in their system.

Deb.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.