Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I would only think speedy booking worth it if you are going as a family or larger group and need to sit together. If it was just me and my husband I wouldn't bother but I would do it with children.
I've never booked speedy boarding even when the 5 of us are travelling and we have always got seats together . The only time we ever had seats apart was when we were travelling last christmas and got held up on the M25 with Lakeside/bluewater sales shoppers on the 27th . Made it on time to check in but the security queue was a nightmare We had to run and were last boarding .We were still all close but had to sit down where we could.

I suppose it would depend on the types of travellers on the plane . If there were going to be lots of families i.e a flight to Turkey in the sumer holidays it might not be worth the risk.
Well I am back from my holiday and as I thought there appeared to be no checks on the hand luggage by Easyjet at liverpool or Lanzarote airport. there were certainly a few that were a bit over the dimensions. I suppose its really down to the luck of the draw on the day, or maybe they simply dont bother if you are only a little bit over. I think its all down to a risk you would have to be prepared to take and maybe pay to put in the hold. I would certainly travel with Easyjet again even though our flights were a bit delayed. The luggage allowance and the cheapness are just such good value if you are after a budget holiday. S
Thanks for your replys. I just dont want to be split up from the wife and would prefer a window seat, thats why the speedy barding looks so appealing to me. But yet again if the flight is only 50-75% load factor it seems a waste of money to spend, especially if they don't follow the procedures abroad. Anyone who can fill me in who flew with ej end of september last year to dalaman from manchester would be grateful.
Hi,we are flying to Lanzarote from Liverpool on Thursday and have booked Speedy Boarding. I was wondering if there was any point checking in on-line? Does anyone know if it will speed the process of checking in at all?We will have hold luggage.
Thankyou, Helen
HelenRad,

Because you have luggage with you and have already booked speedy boarding, I'd just check-in at the airport. You aren't going to save much, in any time by checking-in online as you'll still have to check your bags in. The queue for dropping bags off may be shorter than the normal desks, that's the only advantage of checking-in online really.

Darren
I dont know 100% if I am right, but i think online check in is only for those who have no hold luggage to check in. Speedy boarding should be fine as you dont have to be concerned with gettng to the front of the boarding queue as you will be the first called.
Hi Suo .. online check-in for passengers with hold baggage was introduced a few months ago ... more info in this earlier post.

David :wave
Thanks for that David, good to know as I intend flying with Easyjet again. S
Hi,
Does anyone know when November flights London - Tenerife will be on sale please?
Jean
I am waiting Jeanie for the same flights LGW to TFS, I think in early April I beleive I read it on their web site. :sun2
Any idea what type of plane is used for Manchester to Malta? We are flying out on 23 July. Flight is EZY1997

justinexyz,

It'll be one of the based Airbus A320-200's. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
At Malaga there was a seperate queue for online check in passengers,but most were checking in hold bags?? Is this because the queues are shorter, therefore quicker, or am I missing something here?

Just scrolled back and read earlier post. Doh :rofl
Hi pipefitter ... passengers with hold luggage may also use online check in.

David :wave
In terms of the boarding scrum - Malaga airport has certainly been good in the past in dealing with it even to the stage of announcing "I am Spanish speaking clear English - do not congest the gate until your row number is called or you will be going no where."

That calmed all the sun burned Brits down a bit.... :rofl

Nivsy
Hi im flying easyjet from gatwick to dalaman on 14th April flight number 8845 anyone know what plane it will be? Thanks
sandra2010,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-DLM-LGW (EZY8845/6) are operated by an Airbus A320-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.