Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
The following topic in our Flight Only, Airlines & Airports forum has further discussion on this EU legislation:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=618803

David :wave
David,
you're on the ball. I'm sorry I missed you post yesterday.
Thanks, Mike
Yee Ha!!! There is justice .... sometimes!!!
not really i`m afraid.Cant understand why the locos challenged it,they dont overbook their flights like scheduled do and when they cancel a flight they always hide behind one of the `unforseen events` scenarios.Cant see many ordinary travellers getting much out of this legislation,plus its wide open to interpretation in courts anyway.
I'm in some agreement with your cynical view Paully; I'd even suggest that legislation is knowingly drafted to be interpreted in many ways so as to benefit the legal profession.........many legislators in all EEC member countries are themselves ex lawyers.

However, the main purpose of EC251/2004 is, I believe, to cover the passenger when the flight is delayed. Depending upon the flight distance and time delay you are entotled to refreshments, meals and accommodation, plus limited phone calls.

If the locos (or any airline) tried to blame 'unforseen events' I believe the freedom of information rules would require the CAA to disclose the reason if the airline registered, say, a ground colision or technical fault as the cause, or even the airline themself may be forced to disclose the real reason should you take a small claims court action. Doubt any airline would 'lie' to a court - they are often inventive with the truth with their passengers thought, in the terminal.
Mike
Mike

You have encapsulated it,far better than I.Wasnt being cynical but realistic having had dealings over the years with euro legislation and I think you are right about the reasons !!

Excellent point about the small claims courts,often overlooked by travellers,it is low risk and cost and much more likely to deliver a result than anything else
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.