Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Egypt Flights
3 Posts
Stuart K,

It is difficult to say what aircraft airlines will be operating to specific destinations next winter (We have not started the summer season yet!!)

For this winter Thomson did not operate any Boeing 767-300's to Sharm, and they will only be operating a 767 from Birmingham to Luxor for April.

Thomas Cook, have also not operated any of their A330-200's as a schedule service, they have operated some Boeing 767-300's but these have been changed between 757's and 767's on a weekly basis.

However British Airways are Showing as operating the Boeing 777 for next November (flying from Gatwick)

Is there any reason why you want a wide bodied aircraft?

Gower
GowerL7 wrote:
Is there any reason why you want a wide bodied aircraft?

I should imagine Stuart K is looking for extra comfort on what is a relative long flight that is classed as short (mid) haul with the facilities to match. Having just come back from Luxor / Hurghada on a Thomson Airways Boeing 757-200 with an inbound flight time of 6 hours 28 minutes, I can't say being on a wide body would have made any difference personally. Seat back IFE would have been nice but I found the 752 more than adequate for the flight. As Gower mentions, you'll struggle to get on a wide body. Monarch is also an option and use their AB6's and A332's on some flight, but it's difficult to be 100% sure at this stage.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.