Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Flights to Egypt
17 Posts
first tip is copy this post into the Flights and Airlines forum and see if any of our wiz-kids can throw some light on the matter

wizard
As an agent myself if I had a customer in that situation I would be inclined to check other operators that will offer the direct LON/LXR service.

Thomson, African Safari Club, Longwood to name but a few should also offer similar if not the same holidays.

You menchion Thomas Cook, I'm assuming this is who you have booked through? I'm also assuming you are able to cancel without penalty? If this is the case, I would certainly be asking the agent to try other tour operators.
hi
as far as thomas cook are concerned the only option is cancellation and it is with penalties, insurance and as it gets nearer(end of april) the penalties increase. at a loss really.
Hi Mally,

That seems very unusual. I'am 99.9% sure that Thomas Cook (if pushed) would allow you to cancel free of charge (in terms of not loosing any deposit). Go back to them and insist this. It would only take a phone call to "operations" to get this authorised.

Following that, ask if they can look at alternative companies. As I said previously, there are many other companies that will offer Luxor with direct flights.

If you provide me with some dates/budget I'm happy to have a quick look at whats about so you are able to return to the office well informed?

Good Luck.

Tom x
hi
the booking was made on the 18th August 2009 and paid by instalments total cost inc insurance giving a total already paid in full of £482.99 this is on a b&b basis at the Sofitel Karnak hotel for 7 days.
I had thought about going to their office in Milton Keynes tomorrow.
Would appreciate any assistance you could give.
malc
When are you due to travel and for how long?

Tom x
hi sorry bout that departure date is from gatwick on the 28th April and holiday is for seven days and return 5th may, but so far the return flight is unchanged but i wont hold my breath that that is how it will stay like that
Hi Mally,

Firstly, and sorry for so many questions. I understand your booked with Thomas Cook the travel agents. But is your holiday also with Thomas Cook the tour operator?

I've had a look on the system for you and I see that both Cooks and Thomson have departures for Luxor that day, according to the reservation system, the Cooks flight departs an hour earlier to the Thomson (which maybe an inaccuracy on the res system), but they both share the same flight coming home.

However, I did not see any errata on the system informing me of outbound diversion. This applys for the thomsonfly.com website also.

If I were you, I'd pop into Thomas Cook and firstly ask:
1, Which Tour Operator you are traveling with? (if its not Thomas Cook)
2, If it is not Cook/Thomson, advise the agent that you are aware of a flight with Cook/Tui 28th April.

Just FYI,

Thomson Holidays
28th April Gatwick 10.25 - Luxor 16.45
05th May Luxor 19.25 - 23.00
Sofitel Karnak, Bed and Breakfast
Inc Flight Meal and Transfer
£516.00

Are these the flight times you booked?

Regards,

Tom
hi
many thanks for all youve done.
looking at the paperwork it is listed jmc holidays original flight wasTCX121K DEPARTING GATWICK 28TH April at 8.30 arrive luxor 3pm and return 5th may depart luxor 19.25 arrive gatwick 23.00 flight number TOM243.
I am struggling at the moment to save enough spending money(medically retired) and so wouldnt be able to go over the original price paid. So thats about all the info i have for you, it was an idea a couple of years ago to pay for flights and go in to one of the budget hotels. but as the years advance i dont think i could do that know, think i have dementia setting in (lol) plus this would be the first time i have travelled alone as well.
regards malc
Best of luck.

Be adamant that you want them to cancel the holiday free of charge, it really should not be a problem.
and remember there is an alternative with Thomson as I previously advised.

In terms of price, we all work on commission as I am sure you are aware. They should have the margin to book a Thomson holiday and honor the same price as a gesture of good will according to my calculations (but that is purely at their descretion). I know here I certainly could and we are just a small independant.

Anyway, good luck and I hope you get it sorted. Let me know how you go!

Tom
hi mate thanks for info will e mail when i get back from their offices in Milton Keynes
malc
hi tom
well that was worth doing NOT. It seems cancellation will cost me loss of deposit which is £100. they say there are no flight change options, and they still cant tell me if i have to change planes at Izmir, fed up with the whole thing now and not looking forward to it at all.
Wow, thats horrendous customer service. I used to be a Customer Service Manager for Thomas Cook - I'm supprised. Were you adamant? Was it a travel advisor that you spoke too? Did they ring anyone ie: TC Operations or did they just say "no" point blank?

With regards to details of the routing via Izmir, again, did they phone anyone or just refer to the paperwork sent to them from the tour operator?

I really do feel for you - but really, do be persistant.
hi tom
no phone calls made from shop, i most probably wont go away totally fed up with whole thing, might cash my egyptian pounds in and go and have an evening out
malc
ps thanks for all the advice, shame i didnt book with you
Hi there

Any chance of you changing your dates etc?

We are going to Luxor for 1 week on 17th September - we live in Cyprus so will arrive in the early hours of Sat 18th Sept. We're originally from UK (about 12 miles outside of Manchester).

We are staying in Winter Palace Corallia Hotel and booked all independently. You may get a better flight option if you change to later in the season....

Would be happy for you to come and spend some time with us if it's your 1st time in Luxor.
Hi TOM
Well, Thomas Cook have given me their final e mail, and guess what, still no change still flying via Izmir. And just to rub it in they also inform me that i dont qualify for compensation. (Which i never asked for anyway) So there we have it what a total waste of time.
Regards malcolm
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.