Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
We've just booked the Tropical Grand Azure for August- are all the shops etc within walking distance and can you go out for a wander without being hassled too much? Really looking forward to it, will be nice if we can get out of the hotel under our own steam for a walk after dinner etc.

Thanks

Pam :)
hi we.ve booked to stay at the sunrise tirana aquapark nabq in end of june has any body seen this hotel? the reason im askin is i would like to no whats outside the hotel within walkin distance, as were takin youn children with us. we stayed in sharks bay last year and there was nothing outside the hotel you had to go to naama bay. so how far are the shopping malls from this hotel? and are there small shops or supermarkets near by?. thank you.
Hi could anyone tell me in the concorde el salam hotel or the laguna vista are in nabq bay?

my travel agent tried to me it was but i wanted to some first hand experience on this.

Im looking to go to egypt for the first time and would prefer to stay a little out of naama bay preferebly in the nabq bay area with a small selection of shops etc. Im looking for a nice all inclusive hotel if anyone has any suggestions? The problem im having is my options are limited with flying from newcaslte airport.

Many Thanks Guys
Hi the laguna vista is but am sure the concorde is on the way from the airport.

we stayed at the holiday village which is next door to the laguna vista and would def go back to the nabq area and prob stay at laguna as it looked fab with little huts for the rooms. we fly with thomson from newcastle but were staying in First choice accomodation so you should have more choice than just 2 hotels.

the grand azure looked nice too and that's thru thomas cook
shout if you want anymore info.
hi
saw the hotel in sept when we were there, it is a bit isolated as in on the roundabout at the beginning of the Nabq resort area, on the junction withthe road that leads to sharks bay around the back of the airport.
it'll take about 15 minutes maybe longer to walk to the small shops and things, found this link on trip adviser to a map that might help you. mcdonalds and starbucks etc are next to laguna vista.

http://www.sharm-el-sheikh.ovh.org/mapa_prawa_engl.html
I can definitely recommend the Laguna Vista on looks. :tup We had a walk through their grounds on a couple of occasions and the rooms / huts looked fantastic. Add that to the individual swimming pools that led directly off the balcony / veranda's of your room and it was amazing. Can't say what their food is like but I know a couple who were staying in the Oriental Resort where we were had been told by the entertainment rep at Laguna Vista (a friend of theirs apparently) that the food wasn't up to much.

I guess that could've changed though and every hotel you read about seems to have a complaint made by someone about the food! I bet it's fine but there are always cheap restaurants nearby if it is that bad!
Thanks for that.

Yes i agree every review you read on all inclusive hotels someone has a gripe with the food and to be honest im a picky eater so it would probably be me, but then i think about all the people they have to cater for and how hard it might be.

Do you know if the laguna vista is in walking distance to the shop/cafes/restaurants etc in nabq bay? What was the oriental like i did look at that hotel aswell and it looked very nice.
Both the Laguna Vista and the Oriental are within a couple of mins walk to the nightlife of nabq and are next to each other on the beach front.
Brilliant thanks for that. I dont know what i would do regarding holidays without this website!
Hi Grand Azure and Laguna are both by La Strada and Al Khan malls. A new Lebanese restuarant has just opened at La Strada and a new Puma/ Timberland etc shop underneath the Brit Bar ( formerly the zone )

I think the new hotel could be what was Louis Tiran?? If so it is at the very end of Nabq at the entrance to the Mangroves.

If anyone wants any specific info or pics of the area including the malls please dont hesitate to pm me.
Hello nana26, I am going to the Holiday Village in June. Can you tell me where the La Strada, Al Khan malls and Jasmine Centre are in relation to this resort. Are they in walkable distance. I have looked for a detailed map of Nabq Bay, but can only find ones that just show the hotels not extra info. Anything you can give me would be much appreciated Thanks
Hi they are within walking distance - guestimate 20/25 mins. The mall by Park Inn is nearer and Jasmine Centre.
...if you send me your email address I will send you a map that shows them.
Thanks for that nana26, I am unable to send you a pm so will have to give my email address here, if you can send me that map, thanks.
Can anyone telll me why I am unable to send PMs, when I try it says, Sorry but you don't have the facility to compose a new PM
You havent made enough posts yet to be able to use the pm facility.
Hi paddyco ... you have encountered one of our spam prevention measures. If nana26 could make the initial PM contact with you, you should be able to reply with your email details.

David :wave
Ok thanks for that. So if you can pm me first nana26 that would be much appreciated thanks
Hi all,

My first post on the forum and I'm hoping that nana26 or anybody who may have a detailed map of the nabq area could make contact as I won't be able to PM directly at the mo.

As I said, I am after a detailed map (I have found some online maps that show where the hotels are but am more interested in something that shows other areas). Also if any other developments have taken place since the previous post on this topic.

A party of us are staying at the Laguna Vista for a fortnight from 7th Sept so I'm trying to glean as much information and guidance as possible before we go. I've read through as many posts regarding the area as possible and have a fair idea of whats around and what to expect.

Thanks in advance.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.