Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
duplicated post removed

have you looked at the members reviews yet??

wizard
Yes I looked at that earlier but I was hoping that someone who'd been there more recently might be able to give a more up-to-date report.

I reckon that it'll be me giving an updated report when I get back or, if they've get an internet access area, one from the resort/accomodation.

We shall see!

Adios.

Stanman.
Hi Stanman

The last two reviews of Eirasol apartments on Tripadvisor dotcodotuk
(can't print the link properly - against rules of the forum) are really good.

Have a look and see what you think.

Hope you and your wife have a lovely holiday!
Hi Milly Molly,

Thanks for that. I'll have a butcher's at it later this morning.

Have a good day.

StanMan.
Tripadvisor link is ok. There's only one site we won't allow due to them removing links to our site.

We only stop links when it is shown that another site refuses to allow ours on their site.
Can't blame you for that Glynis!

There are those enterprises out there that are dodgy, and they know it, but they get away with it because they are shrewd. But as the saying goes "give 'em enough rope and they'll hang themselves with it"!

Portugal in two days, :sun2 marvellous.

How's that Spike fellow doing?

See y'all,

Stanningley Maningley.
We stopped there last year and had a really good holiday. It is 100% english and apartments are very big. The beach is about 10 minutes walk, but its a pleasant walk. We walked it daily - although, if there was a taxi by the beach, we would get it back! lol

My only complaint was that the beds were rock hard - but I think this is common with Algarve, as the place I have just come back from had the same problem!
Hello there y'all,

Well we've been back for nearly a week and our sun tans (and I use the term loosely, especially in my case) have almost flaked off! (In fact I've just got a bill from Yorkshire water because I've caused a blockage somewhere in their drainage system... er... no I'm lying. :offtop )

Anyway, back to the case in point, them Eirasol apatments... the staff were great, in reception at least (I bet the Portuguese lady that worked there thought my missus was a "frosty cow", her words, not mine). The outside appearance of it though was a bit suspect and that's where the wife was immediately put off upon our arrival.

The rooms, certainly, are enormous. They don't need to be that big. They were clean as a whistle (all credit to the maids). The kitchen area was ok but the cooker was pants, only two leccy rings (I hate leccy cookers) and there was no oven. The cooker hood was a joke and I never found out if the extractor worked 'cos I couldn't find the switch.

The fridge had a "My door is still open" warning light on it (it was actually the interior light that you could see if the door wasn't quite shut). It worked though. The rooms were not air conditioned which is a minus. There was a heater in the bedroom with a couple of rather dodgy wires sticking "art on' it" (that's Yorkshire speak for out of it) and an electric socket just underneath. The Health and Safety Nazis in Blighty would never let that one get by any scrutiny. Fans are available to hire from reception if you are in need of one.

The swimming pool area was scruffy and it was probably after 11am before the sun finally began to show itself on the pool, and that's in June, when it's at its highest point in the sky. Go there in September and it'll be even later in the day when it puts in an appearance. This is of course all to do with the fact that the rear of the apartment complex faces south west so the heat in the rooms starts to build up from mid afternoon, which is not ideal.

There was no poolside bar either. There was once upon a time but the person that ran it was told that it needed upgrading and funds couldn't be raised, so it had to fold. Shame.

The bar inside was... run by some Brits but I can't comment any more on it because I only used it once. "It served some beer" about sums it up. There's a pool table by the entrance to the bar. There is no Internet facility.

The beach, the nearest is the Forte de Sao Joao beach and is about 15 mins away if you walk at an average speed. That's where we went everyday as the facilities there were pretty good, with places to eat, drink, wee wee available, although two sunbeds, a parasol, two sunbed mats and a 200 ml drink would cost thee Ten European Beer tokens. That gave you access to the Monica Isabel Beach Club Hotel's pool and showers. That's not bad, two beds and a parasol on Fisherman's Beach cost us €15 and no drink!

The annoying thing is that we walked past the place where we'd stayed on our previous three visits and it was there where we were wishing that we were staying this time. "Clube Oceano Apartments", top class.

Apart from those niggles, the holiday was ace, saw only one cloud in seven days. I slept (again, I use the term loosely) on top of the bed (which some people have said were too hard but I never noticed) without a cover on 'cos it was too warm. I copped for one mozzie bite on the sole of my foot, which itched like a good 'un for a couple of days but is ok now. First time I've been bitten for ages, 21 years believe it or not!

If you don't mind slumming it for a week then the Eirasol will probably be OK for you but not for us. We're used to better. The reception is unmanned overnight though so you're on your own if owt goes wrong. The rep. will appreciate getting a phone call in the small hours in case of an emergency. NOT!

There we are then, it's been a while in coming but it's here now. If I think of owt else to add to this as time goes on I will do. Devon next, in August! Can't wait and neither can the dog!

Ciao for nao.

StanMan.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.