Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
I've added these suites to our review site.

If anyone has stayed here please assist your fellow holidaymakers by writing your review HERE

Many Thanks :wave
I have posted my review but I would also like to tell you that we have just returned and it was dire.
We have travelled extensively and stayed in All Inclisuve resorts in India, Cuba and Margarita and this was by far the worst.
Food was inedible and there was none of the 'fine dining' we were promised.
Lunch and breakfast were OK as you could eat fruit and salad but dinner was awful and we have returned very disappointed.
The staff are very busy and disorganised so you waited ages for drinks and your meals.
Many of the rooms are damp and we had to sleep on towels one night
Many thanks for posting your review Crimps :tup
Sorry to hear it wasn't as you'd hoped :(

Pippy :D
Hi, anyone been here recently?? Booked for two weeks in december.....
Thanks.
Katie
Hi Katie
I am going to the Seaside Suites in 8 weeks so will give you my opinion shortly after that date :)
Having just looked back on a few bad comments it is a bit worrying, but this has happened with other hotels i have been to and found the opposite to be better, so fingers x i hope this will be the case in Mexico.
Phyll
Hi Phyll,
I have to say that reading the three reveiws on here i was a bit worried but have a peep on tripadvisor as there are simply hundreds of reports on there and no kidding 99.9% of them are glowing, so much so that i want to go tommorrow never mind in December!!! There are also so fab photos with many of the reports.
Hope you have a great one!!!
Katie.
Katie thank you :tup needless to say i will put my review on when i get back.
If there is a lot to say i will pm you aswell :smile:
Phyll
phyll wrote:
If there is a lot to say i will pm you aswell
Noooooooo! Please post any info here on the forum for all members to benefit! ;)

Thank you Mum!

Pippy :)
Hi Phyll, Hope you did enjoy??!!
Have read your report......
A few questions for you if thats ok?
Did you get the coach or private transfere? What was it like?
What type of room did you stay in? do you think it is worth upgrading to any of the other room types?
Lots of people comment on the damp, is this just due to the humidity? (dont happen to know if it will be humid in December do you!!)
What is the beach like? Are the sand bags very unsightly?
Also we wish to go SCUBA diving whilst there, in the first choice book it says the PADI school is located 10km away, did you see any evidence of people diving or maybe a dive instructor around the pool each day??
Any other tips, ie about plugs, mozzies, money & tipping etc??
Mnay thanks,
Katie.
Hi Katie
We had the coach transfer which was speedy and comfortable.
As for a room upgrade, looking at the entire complex i now wish we had gone for a "lazy river" upgrade as the oceanfront room we had was dissappointing insofar as you couldnt see the sea :( which was my reason for doing it.However the river rooms have their own bit of water and did look really nice.
Yes the damp was awful, couldnt have your balcony doors open for literally any length of time so no use having a jacuzzi in your room as it adds to the damp. Even the bed felt damp and the smell was horrible.
Oh "sandbags", i wondered what those things were :haha cos they looked like seals basking !!! but no i didnt think they were unsightly.
As for diving, i saw very few people in the water, it was really really rough so maybe that was why ,sorry cant help with that ?.
No mozzies or flies, just a few very pretty birds.
We did tip but not everytime, and when i asked a guy in reception what the tipping policy was, his reply was "why tip" and he worked there !
But i always tip but i very much noticed not nearly as much as i do in Egypt.
All in all i think the only thing that let the holiday down was definitely the damp as i almost dreaded entering my room because of the smell, damp clothes and bed.
A real shame because the food was wonderful and the people very nice who worked there.
hope this helps you some more
Phyll x
Katie i forgot to mention that the beach is quite narrow and the sunbeds not very comfy, so i stayed around the main pool. Also the large double beds really did take up a lot of room.
The beauty treatments were excellent and the rooms very clean and professional.
Phyll x
Thanks for that Phyll, if i think of anything else between now and December i will be sure to ask!!!!
hi guys
we are hoping to go here to this hotel for our honeymoon in sept can anyone give any advice or tips on the place
cheers
mark
Fantastic place we were there in january for a week and are going back for 10 days in september as we loved it so much.We booked with first choice and upgraded to the premium cabin(not cheap but worth it).We had booked an ocean front room but found we had been upgraded to a swim up suite which was fabulous.We ate in all the restaraunts except the mexican, and vida the garden grill was our favourite.We used to have lunch at the open air sandwichiere by the beach which was also good.Some good entertainment at night shows and sometimes a band.The whole comlplex is first class and the staff fantastic which really made our holiday.The beach is fine for relaxing on but not great if you want to swim, but there are 3 great pools to swim in.If you want any other info just let me know.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.