Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
http://www.cyprushotels.biz/html_pages/larnaca/beau-rivage.html

Has anyone been here and have any recommendations about the place, it doesn't seem to be on the hotel review pages.

Thanks again

Mark
Hi Mark
Our frinds live on the Dekhlia road and I am sure they stayed in this hotel before they bought their property I will try and phone them this weekend and ask.
Elizabeth
Electra

Mark we stayed here a few years ago when it was just new, It was nice and clean and we were pleased, We were at the back away from the pool area , This area was noisier, the beach in front is not good for swimming in, but Sandy bay is just a few minutes from the hotel on the coast road and this is perfect for swimming.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Thank you for the kind offer but there is no need to phone your friend to find out an answer to a question just for me, your answer regarding what you thought was enough.

I'm still considering the place because like i said i have seen mixed reviews about the place and am still unsure.

I DO know however that if we go it will be with a superior room.

Thanks once again.

Mark
Hi Mark.
We stayed at the Electra in August and found the hotel ok.
The rooms are small but as we only used it to sleep and a change of clothing it was adequate.

We did have a problem with ants on arrival in our room and found the cause of this to be sweet wrappers under the bed which obviously hadnt been properly cleaned.

We also found that the towels wern't replaced each day, but it wasn't a great problem.

The food is repetative over a 2 week period but we couldn't complain about the quality or quantity.

The whole complex is clean, but found one of the major problems was the swimming pool being closed on half a dozen occasions due to the fact someone was leaving smelly samples in it and you couldnt blame the hotel for this, just parents not looking after their kids properly.
Apparently this had been a problem throughout the whole season.

The entertainment is not brilliant as it is done mostly by the reps, but we did mix in so we did have a laugh.

If you intend staying round the pool during the day be prepared to rise early to place a towel on a bed, as they soon go.

Also be aware that the music can be quiet loud arround the pool area.

On the whole i think you should enjoy it.

Hope this is of some help.

Peter ( olliedan )
we're going to electra village in oct 2adults 2 children AI,any tips, do's/don'ts/coments please
My sister is getting married in September :love and is looking at this hotel for her honeymoon along with their two devil boys aged 6 & 2 :twisted: - she has asked that I take a look and see what I can find - however reviews seem to be a little mixed - if anyone has been and can advise if it would be a good choice ASAP if would greatly be received - she is looking to book very very soon.
Many thanks. :thanks
Hi Emrich
We stayed at the Electra in August 2004.
Found the rooms to be very small and on arrival found the rooms fairly clean but not spotless as we found a gathering of ants under a bed which had been attracted to discarded sweet wrappers that obviously hadn't been cleaned.

We found some ant killer which seamed to do the trick

Rooms were cleaned every other day but on some days the towels wern't changed as we had expected.

No problem with the food although you will find the menu repeating itself if your staying 2 weeks

One of the major bud bears was the dippositing of poo in the pool on at least 5 of the days we stayed there thus causing the pool to be closed for the rest of that day, to everyones annoyance considering the temperatures were always in the 40's.

One more point, is the entertainment ,which you'll find is mostly performed by the reps and can be very amatuerish, but if your prepared to join in you can have a laugh.

Hope this helps.

Peter
Lots of reviews on our Hotel Review site HERE
i have been recommended this place for a stay next year after reading the reviews on this site and others it reads fairly well.

can anyone tell me how long it takes to walk into the centre of ayia napa from this resort?

are there shops and things to see on the way to ayia napa?

apart from the clubs in the centre are there any other things geared towards families i.e restaraunts shops etc, as we wouldnt be going there for the nightlife im afraid, too old for that now.

we are a family with 3 young boys does ayia napa cater for familiys aswell as the clubbers?

any information on this resort and area would be much appreciated.

my husband wants to go back to majorca alcudia as we have been there before and know its good for families, but i would prefer to try some where different however dont want the constant ear ache of i told you we shouldnt have come here. :roll:

any advice, much appreciated many thanks
Hi

Me and my family got back from Ayia napa last week, It was excellent we have 2 boys aged 6 and 3 and there was plenty for them to do and all the family entertainment is away from the square we went to the square a few times without the kids theres a great atmopshere but i wouldnt like to walk through with kids. There is a few fairs which they made us go to every night which have loads of rides go karts etc there is a water park in Ayia napa which is excellent.
We went to Ayia napa for a wedding and we were a bit worried about it been adult orientated but there is loads to do for all ages.
Im sorry but Im not quite sure where your hotel is but there are plenty of taxis everywhere who will take you anywhere fo £4.00cyp

Have a great time

Claire x
Claire

thankyou for your information,glad you had a good time.

did you venture onto the beach? if so was it nice and sandy or rocky?

were there many of touristy style shops in aiya napa?

thanks again

claire
Go go go... don't hesitate for another second! :lol:

I'm not sure where the Electra is, but I think it is along the walk into Ayia Napa from Nissi Bay. It is an Aqua Sol property and exactly like the Eleni Village which is in Paphos and I stayed there a few years ago with First Choice, brilliant accommodation.

Last year however we booked with Thomsons and went to Nissi Bay/Ayia Napa. We stayed in the Tasia Maris Gardens which is brilliant if you are looking for family accommodation. (I have put a review in the hotel reviews page). Only thing that may put you off is that it is a small complex so not much in the way of entertainment/kids clubs. My son was a bit old for that so this is why we booked it, but it is by far the best accommodation we have ever stayed at. They have a playground and good swimming pool for kids though, the food is wonderful and the man that runs the bar/restaurant, Panicos, is great entertainment in himself. He runs it with his whole family and they were great with the kids there. Very safe accommodation for children too. Close to shops, the beach, buses, taxis into Ayia Napa were only 5CYP.

Ayia Napa is fantastic for families. I too had my reservations as it has this 'clubbers' reputation but I was pleasantly surprised. Having been to Paphos end of the island twice we really did want to get to this end and are so glad that we did. All the restaurants and bars along the walk into Ayia Napa cater for families of all ages. Entertainment ranging from quizes to live music. There are fairgrounds and crazy golf in Ayia Napa. The water park is, again, the best we've ever been to. Lots of trips that you can go on from Ayia Napa too. You will have no trouble or bother with three children in Ayia Napa. The beaches are lovely at this end of the island too. We were right on Sandy Bay which was beautiful, only about 15 min walk to Nissy Bay along the coastal path as well, this is full of youngsters posing though, in very small beach wear! :lol:
hayleyash
hi thanks for all the advice, from what i can gather the electra is very close by to nissi bay, and it is a part of a group including the eleni holiday village.
thanks for the advice on your accomodation it sounds lovely, unfortunately though as we have already booked through first choice and are in the motions of changing location from turkey we have to stay with that tour operator and cannot go elsewhere without losing our deposit, which limits us a bit. :cry:
my husband will be impressed with the beach then, especially those with small amounts of swimwear on :shock:
All i need to do now is work out how long it will take us to walk to aiya napa from the electra if its not too far then will probably go for it.
the shops in ayia napa were they sort of touristy shops?
thanks again for all your help
Hi Wilksclan
We stayed at the Electra a couple of years ago, It has a nice big pool and is excellent for kids, the sea in front is rocky and did have sea anemones in it when we were there' but just round the corner to your right is Sandy bay excellent for the kids.

The Electra is in the same bay as the Tasia Maris Hotel and the new Gardens,

There are a few shops and resturants in the Nissi bay area, there is also a kids play area at the top of the road which leads down to the Electra, You know one of these play areas with the huge inflatables.

It is a fair walk in especially with kids i think, but you can always get a bus or a taxi, If you fancy driving you can hire a car its dead easy to drive in Cyprus.

I would recommend you ask for a room away from the bar and entertainment area as it can get noisy here.
Hope this helps

Elizabeth

Hope this helps Elizabeth
Elizabeth,

thankyou for your post, could you tell me, if you remember or even noticed, do the rooms have locks on the inside of their doors? when we stayed in alcudia a couple of years back we had to barracade the door at nightime for the fear that one of my little ones may open it and go for a wonder in the night.

we probably would hire a car to see the island a bit more, i would drive though after an incident with my hubby forgetting which side of the road to drive on, we were faced by a jeep with two stunned looking mallorcians heading towards us :shock: :shock:

would you say then that its a bit too much of a walk from the electra to aiya napa?

is there anything to look at on the way into ayia napa from the electra or is it just a path?

roughly how large is aiya napa? people have said it has shops but are we talking one or two or enough to occupy an afternoon.

thankyou for your help

claire
Hi Clare.
I seem to remember you turned the lock inside to bolt the door,
It is a fair distance we used to walk in the coastal road to the harbour and walk back along the Nissi Avenue, There are lots of shops in Ayai Napa a big fun fair and the water park is at the far end of Nissi avenue, The buses run right along the top of the road so you should be ok. I would definatley say its a fair walk with kids but maybe you could walk there and bus it back . To be honest we spent most of our time in the area just next to the Electra. I think you will find enough shops to keep you occupied.

We ended up hiring a car as we were looking for a property the roads are exactly the same as here.

I am sure you will have a grreat time we used to eat at the Fortuna on the hill as you go to Sandy bay the food was very good and Bambos and maria are lovely. Spotlessly clean as well . Sandy bay is my favourite place for swimming
The entertainment in the hotel is a bit naff but ok for the kids,
If you are going S/c you can upgrade cheaply to A/i when you get there.

The pool area is very good with a large grassed area for the kids to play.
Elizabeth
Hi Claire

No worries about the driving -they drive on the same side of the road as us - so let your hubby do the work :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.