Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I believe that Ryanair are selling/going to sell these on their flights.
So i guess the answer would be YES :)

John
I've not seen these electronic cigarettes, i stick to eating polos and that works for me, the only thing that makes the situation worse is when they keep on announcing this is a no smoking flight, i've come to terms with it! but they just keep on reminding me of something i'm trying to forget! in goes another two polos. as long as no-one mentions cigarettes or smoking i'm ok.
A member of my family has just been to Florida and she used one of these electronic cigarettes on the plane, she did say however she did not want to "smoke" it as if it was a real cigarette, so she held it down and discreetly "puffed" on it. I guess someone who is a non smoker who has not heard of them may think you were smoking, as the end glows and a small puff of water vapour is released when you breathe out!
Not allowed on Thomas Cook Aircraft Im afraid, as others may think its a real ciggie and start lighting up themselves.... which constitutes a MAJOR fire risk.
I've not heard of these at all - does anyone have a link for them - might be of interest to be son - especially if thomson allow them on Long Haul flights and they work.
Miss Pink,

Here is a link to the Electronic Cigarettes.

http://www.vipelectroniccigarette.co.uk/

Angie.
Thanks Angie - it would be great if Thomson allow on the flight - selfishly for my son - I might e-mail and ask. although as previous poster commented if 'smoke' comes out then it could cause all sorts of problems.
Let me know if you e-mail Thomson and what their reply is,shall be very interested, but as you say with the vapour release they might say no to them also.

You can also get the Nicorette Inhalator.Has he tried that on long haul flights.

http://www.nicorette.co.uk/stop-smoking/products/inhalator.aspx

Angie.
To be honest he has not been on a long haul flight whilst being a smoker the most is 4 hour flight and he said he found that not too bad. Personally I would like him to quite - but he has to WANT to do it. He said may try the patches. I think I will e-mail Thomson and will let you know the reply Angie. Thanks for your help.
Ok shall await your reply. Thanks.

Angie.
Have just e-mailed them on the Thomson Site so will let you know what they say.
Hi Miss Pink and Angie 34,

I flew with Thomson to Egypt in August. I use the electronic cigarette at home, but was advised by the cabin that Thomson do not allow the use of them on board, due to previous passengers complaining about them.

Pat
Pat,

Thanks for that, I wonder if they would allow the Nicorette ones, that does'nt release any vapour.
Huummmmmmmmmmmmm !!

Angie.
Thanks Pat - have not heard back from Thomson yet - although my e-mail was sent Saturday so they will probably not look at till tomorrow. But I guess I know the answer now.
Hi Angie,

Wouldn't think you would have much of a problem with the Nicorette LOL!!

Miss Pink,

Wouldn't hold out too much hope on a reply from them going by past experience!

Best wishes,
Pat
Monarch Airlines don't allow electronic cigarettes to be used onboard either.
Thomson don't allow them. Better get the patches out guys.
As a smoker of many years, and someone who always smoked in planes before the ban, I thought that flying without the dreaded weed would be impossible. It's not. Try to keep in mind the thought of 2 wonderful weeks on holiday at the end of 10 or so hours without nicotine - remind yourself you don't need to smoke for 8 hours or so each night when asleep. Get the inhaler (smokefree) use a new cartridge and take a few puffs after a meal / drinks which can be 'trigger' times. I have tried the electronic version of these inhalers, and, find they taste/smell more like coal than cigarettes - the Nicorette version doesn't taste much better, but it does the trick. Finally, give yourself a 'rush' and a 'light head' when you finally get through immigration / passport control / baggage collection at the other end and find somewhere to light up. Some airports outside the UK have small areas airside where smoking is allowed - reducing the stress a bit.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.