DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Usually that will be your tickets, most airlines do e-tickets now, you just show them at check in. They will have your reference on them & thats all you need.
thanks for your quick reply we know what to do now :oops:
hi.....red wine.............debdon .is spot on with that answer........
regards.........john-doe.........
I honestly can't remember the last time we had real tickets in the post - must be all this DIY on the internet holidays...!!
Print them out and take them with you just in case there is a problem. Normally for the ticketless airlines (Easyjet, Monarch Scheduled etc.) you don't need them, you just present your passport at the check-in desk. If, God forbid, the check-in staff can't find you listed then it is obviously going to help your argument if you can show them something on paper! Unfortunately the printout is most likely to prove that you have turned up on the wrong day!! I find myself checking the dates again and again, it's become a bit of an OCD thing :oops:
Depending on who you are flying with you can often check in 24 hours before online..which means you just take your luggage to say the "Monarch" (if it is that airline )? Baggage drop and don't have to check in until 90 mins before the flight. Check with your airline if this is possible as it is an easy option!

Cheers
Ann
We recently travelled to Bodrum with Thompson and booked on their net site. The only problem with the tickets is that on their site the "Surname" space is not a moving one and has only space for 15 letters. My wife has a double surname that is 16 lettres and the tickets came with the 2 letters missing and we checked with Thompsons and they assured us that we would have no trouble. At our local airport, it took some 5 minutes for us to be allowed through so was a little stressful. I do not know what would have happened if the Passports had been thouroughly checked at our returning airport in Turkey. Cold they have refused to let us through Turkish customs as the name on the ticket was not the same as on the passport. Make sure of this if you have a very long surname !!!!! Happy travelling. By the way, this was ourfirst package holiday for 8 years, as we normally arrange independant holidays and go flight only.
my tickets have printed out black and white. will they be ok??
thanx

sharon
Yes that should be fine. As stated above sometimes all you get is a ref number. My friend even checked in a flight with just her passport as her friend had the ref number print out and she arrived later at the airport.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.