Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Emirates A380
301 Posts
debbi wrote:
as I am none too happy about having to go on this massive plane

It's a fabulous aircraft, I'm sure you'll love it more than the 777.

Darren
Hi there,

I wonder if you know if EK004 wednesday LHR to DXB will always now use the new airbus? I am looking to fly this route in May 2011 and will be booking my flights soon. I was origionally going to book EK006 slightly later, but this is advertised at the moment with the 777, and given the choice would much rather fly on the new Airbus.
If it is too soon to know, could you possibly let me know when it might be possible to find out?

Many thanks

Kat x :)
kwikslipgirl,

By the new Airbus, I assume you mean the A380-800? It's not really new any more as they've been in service for 2 years with LHR being the first route Emirates served with it. The EK003/4 is always an A388.

Darren
Yeah thats the one! Oh cool, I think I will definatly try to book onto that then, it looks amazing, I won't be flying business/firstclass or anything but wouldn't like to miss it.
Many thanks for the reply, x :tup
Hi Guys can anybody tell me when flying with Emerates from Man to Singapore what do you do inbetween stop overs in Dubia for 6/7 hours, Many of you must of done it :que
Top-Dog-Port-Vale wrote:
what do you do inbetween stop overs in Dubia for 6/7 hours

Have something to eat, a few refreshments, bit of shopping, watch the aircraft (that's probably just me!), strech your legs before the onward flight, etc.

Darren
If you are feeling flush they also have a hotel in the transit terminal with a health club where you can either get a room or just have a swim and showere etc.

http://www.dih-dca.com/dihnew/default.aspx

Papa
To be honest it can also depend on the time of day that you arrive at Dubai to determine if it is a pleasant experienceor not for such a lay over. Finding quiet zones can be difficult early in the morning and late at night. While the airport stucture and design is relatively pleasing dont expect massive bargains from the shopping malls nor indeed the eating establishments.

It may be as well to have some local currency although all major credit cards are accepted. The Irish Bar charges around `12 US Dollars for a small botle of beer!

I am sure I saw a Whimpy burger house there as well.

As for the aircraft - it depends on where you are within the terminal - Darren where do you go? I could not see much from the emirates terminal. I also understand that the local police are not to happy with photographs being taken.

Nivsy
Emirates are set to announce a third daily flight from Dubia in to Manchester operated by one of their 3 class Airbus A330-200's;

EK021 Dep DXB 0300 Arr MAN 0755
EK022 Dep MAN 0940 Arr DXB 2000

This is in additional to their current double-daily A380-800 (EK017/018) and Boeing 777-300/ER (EK019/020) services. The third flight will commence on 1st May.

Darren
Hello again. On Tuesday I booked a cruise on the Queen Elizabeth. I travel on the 22nd March but the Ships into Southampton.
Cunard have got a fantastic offer which I just could not resist,
The flight departs 22st March 21.00 hrs.
Is there any way I can find out how busy this flight is likely . You told me that EM flight are normally very busy, The Aircraft is the 777.300 I think but maybe you cold give me a little but of info.

Time is short as I only have 13 days so booked 15 days priort to departure.

Many thanks as always

Sue
I didn't know that Emirates had already introduced this Aircraft. I am on the 21.00 flight on the 30th March. Something was said about 1st May but I didnt realise that this will make 3 flights daily.

Sue
Looking into numerous options of flying to Seychelles later this year. Qatar website no longer recognises Seychelles so was going to book today but it's not having it.

Anyway, have now found emirates and they seem to be a tiny bit cheaper.

My question is how easy is it to make a connecting flight at DXB? I don't want to book and leave myself 90 minutes and find that's not long enough. Likewise I don't want to be sitting around for 6 hours unnecessarily.

Unlike Qatar airlines I have no experiences with Emirates, so to save me reading back this rather long thread...... A quick review please.
krankie_frankie,

It's relatively straight forward connecting, it's just busy depending on the time of the flights. If the airline are showing the flights as available, then there's sufficient connection time. 90 minutes would be fine.

Darren
The flight I was looking at gets me to DXB at 0.05 then the connecting flight leaves at 02.10

In your opinion is that sufficient enough time?
krankie_frankie,

2 hours 5 mins is plenty of time. Emirates wouldn't let you book it if it wasn't.

Darren
Thanks.

Have now booked that flight.

Shame I have to wait until October for my holiday :cry
Got my reference number for my flights today, so logged in via the Emirates website to have a peek at my booking.

Was really surprised I could choose my seats for the outbound and inbound flights. Even more surprised that most of the good seats (according to Seatguru) had been taken already, my flight is 5½ months away.

Anyway LHR-DXB I managed to get seat 81A on the Airbus A380-800 Also managed to get the exact same seat on the returning flight. Not the best seat but according to seatguru, one of the better ones.

The DXB-SEZ leg of the flight is on the smaller plane Airbus A340-500 All the seats with extra leg room were snapped up already and I tried to get ones with the baby seat thing, but it warned me I could be moved should a parent need that seat. So in the end I settled for seat 27A going and 27K coming back. Seeing that leg of the flight is only 4½ hours long I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem.

Now I just sit and wait 5½ months........ :(
Hello,Could someone please give me opinions on upgrading to business class from Newcastle to Male, is it worth it ( for seat pitch ) and also ( for Darren please) which aircraft? Are they 2 or 3 class. I haven't booked yet, so I haven't got flight numbers, however I have flown Ncl-Per so I know that the Ncl-Dxb leg is EK035/6 Thanks Angela.
There is varying opinions on Emirates Business Class these days but generally it sis avery good service. It really depends on how much value you put on better quality food and seat pitch compared to Economy class (and lounge access) with greater baggage weight allowance.

Airbus 330 from/to Newcastle - Dubai...with B777 operating the Dubai/Male sectors.

If you have the money it is probably worth doing for Business Class. I have not checked recently but I would assume 2 class (Business Class/Economy) on the Airbus 330 and the B777 although some routes by 777 can also have first class.

Nivsy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.