Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Hi i was over last year and it was great, stayed in the same apartments as yourself. loved the location. all the bars are still there in the Irish centre and it was still as lively as ever.
Cheers glad to hear that!R u going back next year?We are heading over the time of the world cup which will be sometime between 9th june and 19th july.Where u from?
Please do not post in phone style text, eg u instead of you, as this is not allowed as per T&C's.

Thanks

luci :wave
Night life is amazing.

as ever.

Try the Kasbah. you will love it. Open until about 8am.

If not, there's the plaza maspalomas...

Don't worry about nightlife, there's plenty!
Hi just booked a holiday to PDI for a group of girls aged around 24-25 in july this year. Has anyone returned from there recently? and if so where are the best spots to go for mad nightlife and is it reasonibly priced?, as we need a cheaper one than last years ibiza mania!! :lol:

Thanks becky
I would say the Kasbah if you are looking for some straight fun.. drinks are not too expensive, and club entrances are mainly free.
Normally you can pick up cards that will get you a free drink here and there... so thats the place if you want that.

If you want Gay fun, go to the Yumbo centre... about 5 mins in taxi from Kasbah. Altohugh i will have to admit i don't know too much about it.

kate
thanks kate. Is it a very gay scene their as we are all straight with a couple looking to tap off coz their single, i read somewhere that it's the gay capital of europe?
:lol:
thanks
yeah.it's gay in the yumbo.. but i mean... the singles will just find people by the dozen!!!!

Couples can also have fun..

Just trust me and go the kasbah... you'll find your way around and soon learn where the 'in' places are.
(try the garage :wink: )

straight, gay, both, married or single... you'll all enjoy it!

Kate
Thanks for the info kate! really looking forward to it now... we all are! :lol: :lol:
Hi All, We are going to Playa de Ingles stopping at the Barcello Las Margaritas.
Could anyone tell me the best bars for entertainment and restaurants in the immediate vicinity.
Thanks for any help.

8) Toonman
Hi Toonman

Stayed at the Barcello last August & had a great time. The hotel & apartments (or suites as they call them) benefit from being on the edge of PDI and hasn't got restaurants & bars right on it's doorstep. Saying that there are plenty within 5-10 mins walk.

We enjoyed three restaurants that are on the main road leading down to the Yumbo. Come out of the Barcello and turn left - go up to the main road and turn right. Cross the road and keep going down until the next roundabout. Go straight across the road here and you will come to some steps that lead down away from the busy road. There are a number of restaurants along this stretch and the Yumbo is right next door. Benny Hills has good food and Karaoke most nights. Next door is H C Anderson's where the setting is a bit more luxurious - solid oak tables and high backed leather chairs. Say hello to Kundy if he is still there. Forgotten the name of the other one we went to here, but remember it was good for "bar meal" type food.

As I said Yumbo is right next door where there are bars for all tastes !!!!!

Another place for eating that I can recommend is the promenade at Maspalomas. Get a taxi outside the Barcello (just hail one down) ask the taxi driver to take you to the lighthouse (faro de maspalomas) and 3 euros later you will be in a different world. The bars restaurants, and shops are in a different class and the atmosphere is great. You can sit at one of the bars and watch the sunset. We only discovered this towards the end of our holiday but plan to head down this way more often when we return to the Barcello in August.

If you want to know anything else about PDI or the Barcello just pm me (or read the posts I have in the hotel & resort reports.

John
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.