Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I have added the Evalena Apartments to our Reviews database, hopefully somebody will add a review for you.

Sarah
all i can tell you is they are on the same road as the rising star as i had a good view of them from my balcony. just a small tip if you want afternoon sun on your balcony then get a room facing the small church, not the sea ;)
Thanks Sarah.

Hi Dave, long time no speak (or sing!) remember our duet in Zodiac? You have asked the same question about there as I was going to as well :tup

Thanks for the tip. Would really like a sea view though I think, looks such a nice location there, I would imagine it's not far from the Rising Star?
Haven't stayed in them, but went in last time I was in Protaras and asked for a look at the rooms because I was thinking of booking there for my next visit. Staff were really pleasant and helpful, place was nice and relaxed - rooms were quite basic but perfectly adequate and clean, and I liked the general vibe about the place. Only reason I didn't book for my next visit was because we decided to go for a villa instead. It's a good location, and yes, near the rising Star
hi kezza, of course i remember our duet, we were that good i saw panicos crying. :cry (he cheered up after i left). :) its a shame we always seem to miss each other in subsequent years, i've asked where you are for a repeat performance but got told you joined the guides. never mind.... ;)

anyway should you stay at the evalena you would be a stones throw from rising star. from what i remember it has a grassy area after pool, then a rocky beach with flamingo beach being 2 mins away. you would be also at the start of the new promenade type path that runs to pernera and more importantly passes the zafiros cafe/restaurant which i did frequent. ( big bottle of leon/keo for 2 euros and really nice food too! ;) )

another tip, we booked the rising star with thomas cook on accomodation only for £850 for 2 weeks 19/8. the avelena is about £200 dearer for same weeks.

dave :cheers
Hi there we stayed in the Evalena in 2005. We were facing the potato fields so in the shade which meant we didn't have to pay for air conditioning as the room stayed quite cool!! Beautiful views of the church and the surrounding scenery. It is right on the beach and right next to lots of other hotels at the bottom of a slope leading straight up onto the main strip of Protaras. Nice and quiet, food was quite nice and there is a little shop in the hotel which is fab if you are starving and cant be bothered to walk to the strip it is a little pricey but that is to be expected on the premises. The pool wasn't up to much as it was quite small and the lining felt strange I must be used to tiled pools! but it did the job when we were hung over. We tended to go to the beach most days any way which is a stone throw away. The new coastal path starts right next to the Evalena so you are slap bang in the middle of Protaras and Pernera(gorgeous restaurants) Rooms were tiled and kept very clean they are very spacious. Staff were helpful from what I can remember. We would go again so it cant be that bad and who knows it might have had some upgrades done since 2005! Lots of bearded dragon lizards around perimeter of grounds we got lots of fab photos as they come quite close. Lots of the people staying there go every year so that says something!! Any other questions just ask but be quick as we go back to Pernera on 28th June!! :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.