Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Excess Luggage
8 Posts
Hi Andy,search the posts and you will find lots of posts about excess baggage charges,I don't know how to link so am afraid you'll have to look.It seems they are quite strict at most airports .We are going to Cyprus this August.
Hi Andy, we fly out to Laranca tomorrow, Manchester seem to be quite strick but friends of mine flew out to Larnaca with Monarch 2 weeks ago and each suitcase got heavier and heavier and nothing was said, whats your allowance?
Hi Keels,
Our allowance is only 15Kg for the hold plus 5Kg for hand luggage at Glasgow with Thomas Cook flying to Larnaca.
Apparently the UK are a lot more relaxed about being slightly over than the Europeans!
Hopefully if we are over they will turn a blind eye like last year but its a recession and they need every penny they can get!
Cant wait till 2moro! Staying for 2 weeks at Tsokkos Paradise Village in Ayia Napa :wave:
Andyquid :sun2
Can't believe you only get 15kg luckily we have 23kg so shoulf be okay, unless I keep adding more and more stuff I really don't need!.....
I suppose it will also depend on how full the plane is.. enjoy! :cheers
Yeh true!
According to the airport website you can still book for our flight that leaves at 9:50am.
Cant see it being full but you never know.
Enjoy your hols! :sun2
Andyquid :sun2
hi.. if you look in the flights forum for the hold baggage thread you will find most questions already answered and our flight experts will be able to give you further advice

wizard
we flew back from Paphos last summer and Olympic were extremely strict,

far more than in other years I feel.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.