Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Exchange rate
63 Posts
We're getting £1.00 = 1.46 euros for cash at the moment. That's in Playa Blanca, although I've seen it scattered elsewhere too.

Have a great holiday!
We are only going to Lanzarote at the end of Febuary so we are still keeping our eye on the exchage rate this weeked in Althams Bolton it was 145 which is very good does anyone know what it was in PDC.Thanks I will most likely ask again to keep up to date.Thanks
Hi again.
I don't know what it is in PDC at the moment (although the exchange rate was going mental over the weekend... so you may get a good deal). I've emailed a pal in PDC and asked them if they mind popping in with some advice for you.
Good luck!
Hi again. My friends said they saw 1.48 to the pound this morning near Los Pociilos - although they're unsure if that is a cash price, or just for cheques.
Thanks Elle 1971 for the info it is very good of you, I take it that you are in UK and friends are in Lanz the rate is very good at the moment. We have to pay for the apartment when we arrive and it is quite a lot so the rate is important. Hope the bazar is open late I think it might because it sells drink and cigs it is very near were we are staying.
Hi Leyland lass. Sorry hon, I missed your question. :oops:

I live in Playa Blanca, but I do have a couple of friends in PDC, which is why I emailed them. I spotted a rate of €1.52 to the £1 in Costa Teguise too. That was in the Estupendo offices. That was last week though, so best to check when you arrive. :D

Travel safely, and pray that the weather is better then, than it is now! :cry:
Can anyone tell me what it is at the moment in Lanz here it is 137.5 Thanks
1.41 here at the moment Leyland Lass
Any ideas what it is at the moment here it is about 1.32 or 1.38 with Nationwide card.
We got 1.38 a couple of days ago in Playa Blanca.
Thanks, looks like the Nationwide card matches the going rate out there.

We are going out for Christmas.
Hope the weather is as it was last year for you then. It's glorious today here.

Nationwide is widely recognised as a safe way to sort your money anyway. moneysavingexpert.com raves about it.

Travel safely - and enjoy our town!

Elle xx
How is the rate at the moment it is terrible here 128.9 at M&S do hope it starts to improve. :?:
If you're using a UK card (NATIONWIDE is best), always select NO when asked if you want to be charged in Euros and you will get a better exchange rate.
It's €1.32 in Playa Blanca tonight... hubby's just been down there ;)
We had a meal and paid by credit card. When I looked at the credit card slip later I noticed I had agreed to , and been charged in, pounds.
Don't know why this was done without asking me.
So be aware.

Edited due to wrong currency entered.
  • Edited by raymaher 2008-01-10 11:50:40
If you're using it in a shop or restaurant pay in Euros, but don't at an ATM.
When using an ATM do you chose to see the money in Euros or £'s when in Benidorm I have been told only to chose the Euro option to get a better rate. :? I have just got a Nationwide Card so not used it up to now.Also I believe you can only draw £300 or 300 euros. Going out at the end of February the way things are going we will be lucky to get £1=100euro.
yes choose the euro option at the atm
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.