Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Excursions
9 Posts
we went by taxi but like you said got dropped off and had to take 4 x 4 to waterfalls (thought everyone did this though?) we really enjoyed this trip - combined with visit to spice plantation and old goa. 4 of us went - reckon it cost about a 1/4 of what it would have cost had we done all trips with an operator.
I did this several years ago (also did the spice plantation ....amazing!), got a taxi (several of us) and you have to get the 4x4 to waterfalls. I can't remember how much it was at all but do know that it was a taxi driver we had used regularl and was a lot cheaper than the 'tour' ones.

As long as you ask around for prices you won't get ripped off. I'm sure someone will give you recent prices on here as well.
BTW, the advantage of going with a taxi driver is that they will stop off en route etc or wherever you want to go. :D
Thank you HelenV and Celcat.
Hi sydney my daughter went to the waterfalls and spice plantation in january from Betalbatim, 8am till 3pm and it cost her 1600rps, dont know how good her haggling skills are. Will try out the taxi myself in a couple of weeks, it was one of those small vans not a car. I have a number for him if it help. Gel
Thank you G.E.L. I assume the waterfalls trip included a stopover to transfer to a 4x4 and they didn't have to go all the way in a Maruti.
Yes they did but i dont know how much the 4x4 cost. gel
It is normal for taxi drivers to drop you off to get the 4x4 to the waterfalls
Tourist taxis or cars for that matter would not be able to negotiate the roads? and rivers that you have to cross.
4x4's hold six people and the price is split equally between the number of people in the 4x4 (less people = more each)
T
he guy who seems to be in control of the 4x4's is a bit pushy for the fare, so dont take offence its just his way
Although do watch him with your change as he can be a bit absent minded in that department.

Have done the waterfall/ spice plantation trip 3 times by our own organisation, its better if you can arrange a large car than the little maruti tourist taxis

The comfort is worth the extra couple of roops

GM06
Ian
It is normal for taxi drivers to drop you off to get the 4x4 to the waterfalls
Tourist taxis or cars for that matter would not be able to negotiate the roads? and rivers that you have to cross.
4x4's hold six people and the price is split equally between the number of people in the 4x4 (less people = more each)

The guy who seems to be in control of the 4x4's is a bit pushy for the fare, so dont take offence its just his way
Although do watch him with your change as he can be a bit absent minded in that department.

Have done the waterfall/ spice plantation trip 3 times by our own organisation, its better if you can arrange a large car than the little maruti tourist taxis

The comfort is worth the extra couple of roops

GM06
Ian
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.