Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I think you will need to contact the orphanage concerned and they might contact First Choice on your behalf.
Usually the tour companies want some kind of confirmation/proof that the goods are actually going to an orphanage and the extra baggage isnt just for your own personal use.
You could phone First Choice as well and see what they say.
cheers Gemma i,ll try to e mail them or ring em up.
Get in touch with the orphanage concerned via their website stating your intentions.
If you get a reply forward it to your airline along with your request for extra allowance.
Should you not get a reply still contact First Choice and give them the registered charity number.
Most orpanages have both an Indian and UK charity number. Ask for email or letter confirmation from the airline to show at check in.
The days where that most airlines allowed the full 20 kgs extra, but of late i have found that most now only allow 10kgs per person in the travelling party.
Good luck.
Hi,

With First Choice you need to ring them up first and get a reference number and name (of who you spoke to), with this information contact the charity and then they will create a letter on headed paper that needs to be faxed to them

For more information about bring things to us please go here ( http://www.ChildrenWalkingTall.com/Luggage.htm), for other charities then please visit their websites for more information.

The main thing is not to abuse the service as the airlines are very kind and provide this service free of cost...
Rob, how would people abuse it? Do you mean bringing more items for personal use? I dont see any point in that cos its only one way and you cant bring any of the stuff back :que
Consumerables, presents for long lost relatives, things to sell etc... We sometimes get people saying they're bringing and we sort all the excess luggage out and then it never turns up. Other charities also say contact us as but bring it for them... So it jsut gives us extra work.. Although I am glad to say that most people are genuine.... Especially the HT lot! :)
Thanks for your help,i have got it sorted. Cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.