Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Thanks Musta, but I can only base my opinions on what I see and where I stay.
I can only recommend Hotels that I have personally stayed in and whilst this may suit me"¦you may hate it.
Central location, then for me it has to be the 4* Hotel Marina.
Best food then it has to be the Hotel los Dalmatas and the hotel/food can be seen in the videos, which are a sticky at the top of the page, but it is at the end of Levante beach and is now getting ready for refurbishment, but I've always said, you cannot eat curtains and carpets. :wink:

The hotel Rosamar is also IMO a very good hotel, infact I have this hotel in mind for my next visit, it is a few years since we stayed there and reading reviews around the tinternet, then it seems it has retained the good standards that we experienced, but like the Dalmatas, I wouldn`t class it as central.

Other members may have other suggestions.

SanJi x
Without sounding too cheeky, if you happen to see the Rio Park, or know about it, could you let me have any info please. Thanks very much and Happy hols to you!!!!
Many thanks.

Its 12 years since we were last in Benidorm one would Imagine the changes are many?

Is the Pueblo Hotel still around?
Is the Pueblo Hotel still around

Yes it certainly is. its now been taken over by the Servigroup Hotel chain....... http://www.servigroup.es and is now known as The Benidorm Pueblo....and NOT the Barcelo Pueblo.

I also understand a new indoor, or undercover pool has recentley been constructed.
Not quite so central but in going to Benidorm for over 20 years now, I don't think the Levante Club Hotel can be beaten.
We stayed at the Marina last year because of it's location. The public areas were great but the room was disappointing and I didn't rate the food, sausages and spam fritters for Sunday dinner.
I reckon we had more than twice as much space at the Levante Club the twice we have stayed there. All rooms overlook the pool and get the sun most of the day and the balconies are a good size. In the Marina only one at a time can get the sun on the balcony as one corner gets it in the morning and the opposite corner in the afternoon. (we have always gone in November if that makes a difference) Also the balconies at the Levante Club are the most private I have ever come across. You can't see into neighbouring balconies.
I see from other posts that the hotel is getting slated for food but we found it better than most Spanish hotels although it is over 2 years since we were there. Needless to say we are going back to the Levante Club later this year. It is about 10 minutes walk to Calle Gerona where a lot of the Cabaret Bars and pubs are and about 15 minutes to the beach or the Square. A nice stroll down and taxis are cheap and plentiful for going back.
I would rate the3* Ambassador which is also very central as better than 4* Marina. If we had not stayed at the Levante Club before staying at the Ambassador, I would have given Ambassador 8/10. The only drawback was the dining room which was overcrowded.
I would rate the 3* Ambassador better than the 4* Marina
Also the balconies at the Levante Club are the most private I have ever come across. You can't see into neighbouring balconies.

The balconies at the Hotel Castilla are also extremely private....you cannot see the balconies either side of your room. They are also the largest balconies I have ever seen. Extremely spacious.
:D Hi!! I would also recommend the ambassador too, we went last august, and loved it so much, I have booked for this October, (Taking my mum for her 65th!), you wont be dissapointed with this hotel, if you need any info, on this hotel, just ask, (Dont worry, if I dont reply straight away, - as I,m on holiday at mo). Regards, BBB
hi sanji , i read your post where you said the los dalmatas is getting ready for refurbishment . i was wondering if you know when this is happining as i`m going to the dalmatas on the 16th september for 2 weeks .

thanks.
No I don`t have an exact date, quite simply because the Director himself doesn`t know...or didn`t the last time I spoke to him.
But, it is def on the cards and they are going to build up and outwards, taking in the area that is at present the childrens play area....next to the "english" supermarket.....I personally, can`t see any hope of it happening this year....anyway, I`m going there in December.
Whilst he didn`t know for exact, he indicated within the next 3 years. :wink:

SanJi x
This is spooky.
This afternoon I got the local paper through the letterbox with a holiday advertised to Benidorm in November, so I thought I would go check it out for the fine details.

Having a nosey around the website, I thought I would check the hotel Los Dalmatas prices in comparison to what we will be paying for Xmas.

The website states that the Hotel was built in 1974...correct....but says it was renovated in 2004.
having been to the Dalmatas for the last 4 years, I can say that the hotel has not been renovated and is exactly the same as it was in 2002.
It is due for renovation and I shall inform the local travel agent that his website is wrong. :rofl
A few years ago we stayed in the hotel Las Dalias in Tenerife, year after year and the brochures all said that the hotel had been renovated....what a load of :swear .....apart from new carpets and some white emulsion spashed on the walls of the bedrooms, nothing had changed and this is very misleading to the holidaymaker.
I guess some peoples idea of renovation is what we call decorating, my idea of renovation is totally gutting the place out.
Misleading words IMO :twisted:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.