Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
My Rolex lasted several years, though it did cost me 15 dinars (about £7) and it had a couple of new batteries during that time. :rofl I always stock up on sunglasses as well and never pay more than 10 dinars.
Thank you Aslemma, What was the appearence / quality like of the watches and glasses? Obvious they were fake?
Some of the sunglasses are quite noticeably fake as the logos are crooked but others are absolutely fine. I've bought sunglasses in markets in Italy and France and they were nothing like the quality of the ones from Tunisia. I was not actually looking for a Rolex when I bought my watch, but simply a nice style and shape, and it was not until I got back to the hotel and looked more closely that I saw what I had actually bought. Incidentally I got it in Port El Kantaoui, at one of the shops facing the Marina, which always seem to have decent stuff.
if u buy anything try and film when you pay.they tried to come bk after me and said i hadnt payed,that was in port el kan :tongue
Barbara, What happened? Did they force You to pay again? Is this a common occurence in Port El Kantaoui?
I've never had it happen to me in all the years I've been going to Tunisia, but obviously there are a few shysters everywhere. If you are ever in this position just forget the English habit of being polite and trying not to make a fuss: state very loudly indeed that you have indeed paid and suggest they call the police if they want as you have no intention of paying again. Because the Tunisian economy depends so much on tourists the police will jump on anyone who tries to rip us off too blatently.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.