Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
fakes ?
9 Posts
debbi79,

Just barter and shop around when you get there. Expect about £10 for the t-shirts and some of the others.

Darren
Debbi,I hope you have the 20kg baggage allowance. :rofl
They are very strict at Dalaman airport and charge £15 a kilo for excess baggage weight. :yikes
The price (& quality) of fake gear can vary around the resort Debbi but as a guide I'd say...

Jeans from £10-15 (I've bought very good quality Armani/Evisu & Levis over there before
mens t-shirts - from £3-5 for t-shirts up to £9-10 for top notch fake polo shirts (Lacoste/Ralph Lauren)
3 designer handbags - My girls bought a few this summer. From £10 up to £30 for most of them but I did see a girl parting with £40 for a huge Hermes? bag
10 kids designer t-shirt - As above from £2-3 upwards depending on what you want
6 kids designer skirts ,jeans - We've never bought these for our kids over there but presumably they are less than the £10-15 that I've paid for mens jeans.
Was just wondering if anyone had been to the tropical hotel and if so what it was like for young kids and adults, also if there are any money saving tips and good places to eat lol thanks xx :think
happyfamily,

Welcome onboard :tup
You might want to have a look through our http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/turkey/ and http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/turkey/dalaman-region/sarigerme/ sections or start a new topic rather than post on this thread as many members may not see it with it being a topic about fakes.

Darren
hi
thank you for everyones help and advice
i have in total 75k for the luggage hope that should be enough lol and i have bought my own travel weight scales so they can't rip me off

114 days to go :hols
Debbi, the magic word is HAGGLE !! If you are not satisfied with the price then walk away, the seller will come after you if they really want to do a deal, they usually settle on about a third of the original price. With clothing, especially t-shirts you will pay more for less in quantity but will get the quality with it if you see what I mean. Polo shirts you should be able to haggle to 3 or 4 for £15. Icmeler market on wednesday is better than Marmaris, this is only a short dolmus ride away. If you are looking to buy jewellery, again, you haggle over the price. Again I recommend you go to DAL jewellers in Icmeler, this is located on the main road into the resort on the same side of the road as Tansas supermarket but about 400 yards further down on the corner of a road on the raised pavement area.

Les
debbi79,

A word of caution too. Make sure you put the items you want in a bag and double check them before leaving. I'm not saying all traders will change things, but there are the odd few that will say change a popular size of t-shirt to a less popular one without you looking, say a medium for an extra large or small. I've seen it happen, and it's happened to friends over the years. Just keep your whits about you and check before you leave.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.