Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Gumbet Fakes
9 Posts
There's loads to choose from - G Star, Henleys, etc. Do haggle though or else you will get ripped off. Make it into a game and don't be shy - the traders expect it. When looking at the clothes, check them carefully as some are better than others. There's also some good shops in Bodrum for good designer fakes - same again, haggle haggle and haggle!!

Jak xx
If you see a really good quality fake pair of jeans, I would never pay anymore than £25-30 for them. Last year there starting prices were about £50. I always ask them if they are having a laugh when they quote these prices. You can get poor fakes for about £15
Thanks for the advice. I will leave the haggling to my niece as she loves it.
You can also buy Diesel originals here far cheaper than in the UK.
We've been several times now to Dalyan. I would say that on the whole you pay for what you get. Most of the fake gear we bought lasted one wash and became dusting rags. I bought a pair of DG jeans, they lasted three weeks, then the labels came off, stitching came undone and they went all baggy. Footy kits tend to last a bit longer. I did pay £20 for an Abercrombie and Fitch sweatshirt that I still wear 3 years later. The vast majority are poor, poor fake and look it as well. Some of the genuine shops sell stuff at about half of the UK price. Considering that a lot of designer stuff is made in Turkey anyway, sometimes you get factory seconds appearing on a market stall, especially sports gear.
I live half the year in Turkey and sometimes buy "designer fakes". You do have to look at what you're buying and feel the quality before you buy, but my partner has polo shirts that are still going strong two/three years down the line. Again, you get what you pay for - if you get six tee-shirts for a tenner, then you can't expect top quality!!

Jak xx
Yes, some of it is really bad but I have bought things that have lasted ages, I have jeans that are at least 6 years old and are still going strong ;)
we bought 5 pairs of ugg boots for the grandchildren last year and they still look good i have a armarni top we bought 10 years ago and it still looks ok
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.