Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Thanks for that, it looks like the perfect place for my daughters! Lesley ;)
I just got back from Protaras 3 days ago on my own with my 12 year old son. Even though we did loads of trips, etc whilst there our highlight of the holiday was The Black Pearl pirate ship cruise! A huge ship resembling the one in the movie Pirates Of The Caribbean. The boat is beautiful on both the inside and out. There is a Jack Sparrow lookalike (couldn't look or talk anymore like Johnny Depp if he tried - he was awesome). There is a couple more pirates and together they non-stop play games withe children (and adults), tell interesting facts about pirates and Cyprus and generally make you laugh from beginning to end! They are very friendly and are more than happy to pose for photographs.
There is a potato and chicken meal you get served on board and drinks are available to buy.
The ship also stops off twice (each time for about 25 mins) for people to swim in the blue lagoon. Life jackets are provided for kids and adults (lots of adults were using them including grown men, and us, lol), also for a refundable 5 euro you can borrow their snorkels and masks!
The cruise sails off at 11.30am from Ayia Napa harbour and gets back about 3.30pm! Its so funny on the way back as they pretend to fire cannons (quite loud with smoke) at the people sunbathing on Napa beach.
We booked through a travel agency and payed 35 euro's adult and 15 euro's under 13, but think it was worth every penny as not only my son but i thought it was the best day of our holiday!

Malita and Keegan :tup
Thanks Malita for that. My girls are only 5 and 6 so not sure if they'd be scared of Jack Sparrow etc! but it sounds like a brill day out.

Would be interested in any other places you visited/restaurants you recommend and nice beaches etc please! Lesley ;)
Hi Lesley,

I can give you a few restaurants to visit if you like :)
There's the 'VLACHOS' on Dhekelia road, between the Beau Rivage Hotel & Karpasiana Sunhootels.

'Voreas' taverna in Oroklini, excellent food & prices :)
'TGI fridays' on Foinikoudes Promenade is very good & right on the beach too :)
Places for children:

The 'Starpark' just off the main road from the Airport to Agia Napa road, take the turning to Aradippou, you can't miss it, it's in the middle of a great field with loads of things for kids to do.

Agia Napa has some lovely beaches & things for kids to do too.

Hope this is helpful :tup
Thanks a lot for that! ;) I've an ever growing list of recommendations which is much better than picking restaurants at random and hoping it will be OK! I remember the waterpark near Aiya Napa from the last time I was there. Cheers, Lesley :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.