Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
ProtarAs will be ideal for you with 2 teenagers in tow.

I'd recommend mid to end of June or early September. July and August can get too warm, even for locals and seasoned ex-pats.

The locals are very friendly.

Mark
Hi, we have been at different times of year and I would say that late September/early October are nice and also May. Our daughter went mid June this year and she said it was very hot, too hot to do much except lay about and swim. July and August are also very hot and humid. Protaras/ Pernera are nice family resorts with good beaches.
Hi, July will be so, so hot and very busy! I would agree with you. Early Sept is great. It is still hot, not as busy, the sea is still lovely and warm as it has had all summer to heat up!
September is best in my opinion, we usually go 9th ish and its still hot
We normaly fly out end of August/begining of September. Marvellous weather, although the odd storm is possible.
Would definately agree with other posters who have suggested early September as the best time to visit. It is still lovely and warm but not quite as hectic as in peak season. I'd recommend Protaras or Ayia Napa depending on how busy you want it to be. Both have fantastic beaches, great restaurants and plenty to do.

If you do look at Ayia Napa choose you accomodation carefully as you don't want to be too central nor in an 18-30s property. Many people are put off Ayia Napa by the fact it attracts large numbers of young people, but if you stay away from the centre (the square) where the majority of the lively bars and clubs are situated, you'll find that it has plenty of places catering for families especially in early September when the number of young people visiting has dropped off considerably.

Theres also a fantastic waterpark suitable for all the family in Ayia Napa. This could be easily reached from either of these resorts.

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.