Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
do most hotels supply travel cots and high chairs.
Why don't you ring Balkan and ask re the hotels you are interested in.

Don't know about cots but all the hotels we have stayed in have high chairs.

Patka
Hi Julie

regarding cots there is information on Balkans website HERE

just look under accomodation.

Basil.
thankyou for the replies it would be just nice to hear from anyone who took their babies to sunny beach
We may be taking a 1.5 year old to Grande Hotel Hermitage in June 08, Id like to try Bulgaria as it seems good value for money. We are not risking a bad experience so 5 star it is (even though risk is still involved)
Drinks prices at this hotel were astronomical compared with other 5* hotels in the resort, be warned.

Patka
Hermitage is astronomical?
We have a lot on this hotel HERE, but to be fair that's all from before it was being run by a genuine Kempinski management.

We have heard little since the disastrous 2005 season for which some of our members got substantial refunds. Look for 2006 and this years reviews on the Internet.

Expensive?
15 leva 9 stotinkies for two SMALL Zagorka gold beers.
in September 2005.

Peter
Soft drinks by the pool weren't much cheaper.

The prices quoted by Peter were in the Lobby Bar, I dread to think what the mini-bar charges are.

Patka
I have read most of the reviews, but how can i find out for sure the price of the hotels' drinks etc?

Sorry if this is heading off topic btw
p.s. Its now Sol Melia and not Kempinski hotel chain.

Is this good? :?:
Well I never, BALKAN HOLIDAYS seem to be on the ball.

Perhaps someone ought to tell the KEMPINSKI group, about THIS ? (This link can be a bit iffy, it's about the Sol Melia group taking over the Kempinski)

p.s. Its now Sol Melia and not Kempinski hotel chain.

Is this good?

To be honest I think not, this hotel is too big for the Bulgarians to cope with, no matter who owns it. To the Bulgarians themselves it's just one huge joke and don't want to work there so there are staffing problems.

Try the Grand Hotel Varna which is in St Konstantin. This is a hotel on the up, we had two great weeks there twelve months ago.

Peter
Its not showing on the Sol Melia web site as one of theirs.

Have a look at the Imperial, Golden Sands.

Patka
If you try booking through Kempinski it says its sold out. Obviously because its not theres now!

Sol Melia = Bulgarian? Is it not the same as Sol Tordos, Sol Jamaica in Magaluf? Same company i mean?
p.s the two i fancied were the Grande Hermitage and the Majestic?

Read reviews on both but Majestic MUCH cheaper in terms of initial price.

Its a shame im beginning to doubt the Hermitage, and thinking of not even trying Bulgaria. This is going to be a Honeymoon/First family holiday so i really cant have a stinker of a holiday. Especially as i havn't been away since July/August 05! :(
The Sol Media group details are HERE

I wouldn't touch the Hermitage in 2008, it will take until 2009 for Sol Melia to get things working right, if ever. That's what happened with Kempinski, who allowed the use of their name before they took over the management, hence the payouts in 2006.

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.