Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Catherine
I think you will struggle with this one as I did. I only came up with a handful of places that would let myself my partner and our 2 children aged 14 and 9 in the same room and they were all self catering in europe.
You could probably email the hotel or your tour operator and request rooms next to each other but apart from that I don't think you'll have much luck, sorry.
We have decided to go to Tunisia this year for precisely this reason, I couldn't find anywhere else that would even guarantee us rooms next to each other. We have been to Cuba for the last couple of years and desperately wanted to go back but felt we couldn't take the risk of ending up on opposite sides of the hotel!
Ellie xx
Hi Catherine, All the Iberostar hotels do rooms for 4 (3adults and 1 child) and you dont have to pay supplement, the cheapest way to book is through Portland£3750for 14nights next easter, we are going on the 19th of April and have paid £3900 for 4 adults two rooms, please dont consider the Firstchoice Holidayvillage, i priced it up and glad we did not book it as they have had lots of teeething problems(food, ants) people who have been say itsmore like a 2star not a 4 star. Yours Janice
Thanks both for the replies - I'll look at the Iberostar chain and see if I can arrange something.
we have the same trouble but we have chanced 2 rooms as my oldest is 15 little one is 4. we were going with friends and had 3 rooms altogether so it was quite possible we would get 2 together, but now our friends have had to bring theirs forward a week due to work so now we`re only together for a week.
i am going to see if they can arrange the 2 rooms together for us when they get there.
we are staying at fun royale/tropical in dom rep

hope you sort out your dilemma

pam xxxxxxxx
I would email the hotel 10 days before arrival and request adjacent rooms explain why. Most hotels will do their best to fulfill this kind of request.
Don't forget to tell them the tour operator you are travelling with and expected arrrival time.
Lorraine
Hi,

We too have the problem of rooms with 2 adults and 3 children. We stayed at the Fun Tropicale December 2006 and I emailed the hotel the week before we were due to arrive and asked for rooms together, they replied back within 24 hours, and we were given inter connecting rooms. I hope this helps.
Fun Tropicale reviews HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
thanks for the replies

can any of you give me the email address for fun tropicale as i will have to email them soon as we go just over 2 weeks time

thanks pam xxxx
Hi

We had the same problem going to Dominican last year and trying to get the family into 1 room. We had no option but to take 2 rooms but we were able to get adjoining rooms and we left the door between the two rooms open continually so it ended up just like a bigger apartment.

This seems to be a common problem over the Carribean not just Dominican. It is a shame because not only is it an added expense, but from a safety point of view you really want your kids to be in the same room, and lets face it at 13 they are not adults even though we have to pay the adult price.

keanda
We had this problem and were looking to return to Iberostar Costa Dorada - they will only take 2 adults/2 children - no good as my daughter will be 13. We finally settled on Riu Merengue as you can use both their sister hotels - so plenty to do and the rooms are meant to be bigger taking 3 adults/1 child. We've also booked for next year Ocean Sands in Punta Cana as they have suites available that take 4 adults/1 child. Got a really good deal with Eclipse (1st Choice). :D
I should add that Thomas Cook/Portland would only book Merengue as 2 adults/2 children, but Eclipse confirmed to me in writing we could all get in 1 room. Cosmos also book the resort as 3 adults/1 child.
Hi, i have stayed at the Fun Tropicale, the Occidental playa dorada and due to go to the Riu Mambo in two weeks so try these hotels, the same situation as you three adults one child in one room, my kids are aged 14 and 7, hope :) this helps
Hi, Both Bahia Principe, San Juan and Sirenis Tropical Suites, Punta Cana will take 3 adults and one child in their rooms
Hi, we stayed at the Riu Bambu (Punta Cana) last August (06). The room was suitable for 2 adults + 1 son aged 15 and 1 daughter aged 3. We had a great holiday and thoroughly enjoyed the Bambu. The food was great and you could also use two of the other RIU hotels for eating and drinking. Son joined in lots and learnt to scuba dive and daughter was just happy to be there. Great beaches too. The animation team were good fun. You can check out this hotel under the hotel review section.
Ocean Sands and the newly opened EdenH will also take 3 adults 1 child. I think Dreams have some family rooms too.

I looked at the Riu Bambu but couldn't get us all in 1 room - who did you book with? I think Thomsons have changed their rules in the last year or so as a lot of their hotels won't accommodate more than 2 adults, 2 children. We stayed at Riu Merengue last year and loved it!
Edenh website HERE. It will shortly be added to the reviews if anyone would like to add one ;)

Pippy :)
When we stayed at the Riu Bachata (next door to Mambo) we booked direct with the hotel, we where a family of 4 and had 2 queens size beds and a fold away bed. You might be able to book that way, and save money.
As I mentioned above before we travelled last year - Riu Merengue can fit 3 adults, 1 child in their rooms. We had 2 kings and a fold-away bed and still had plenty of room. First Choice still allow this option. Look on the Eclipse website. If you look on TA I have pictures of the room on my review.
Hi I have just been to Ocean Blue/Ocean Sand in Bavaro in Dominican. This is my second visit and the rooms are massive. There were 4 of us and like you because my boys are over 12 they are classed as adults. You get 2 massive beds and a large sofa style thing that my 15yr old loved to sleep on. This resort is in the premier brochures but if you shop around you will get a good price. I booked with eclipse direct who are in fact first choice and this time with Thomas cook. You can however get it cheaper sometoimes with Hays Travel.co.uk. It really is lovely with loads going on. 24hr all inclusive, bowling alley and table games for kids. Honestly it is a dream. I have sent loads of people there and not one of them disagree with me. in fact my nephew is there as I speak to you. Hope you get sorted.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.