Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Give Icmeler Online - http://www.icmeleronline.com - a ring and explain what you're looking for, and I'm sure they'll be able to sort you out with something suitable.
Other good sites to use which are very well priced to try are

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk
http://www.otbeach.com
http://www.hotels4u.co.uk

As a generalaistaion AI in Marmaris and Icmeler are not the best unless you go to the 5 star hotels. The Literia group of hotels tend to be very poor. Best to have a check at the hotels reviews before you book anything. If you are going for 2 weeks you may the meals each day a bit repetitive and depending on what you book the food may not be that good. You then spend money going out for things to eat anfd drink.

Personally I enjoy self catering, you have a fridge for your cold drinks, its easy to prepare simple meals, eg salads, bread buy a chicken etc there is a decent supermarket in Icmeler. You dont have to eat out every night. Plenty of Turkish places to eat which are also good value as well as pizza places. Icmeler can be a expensive or cheap as you want it to be.

I appreciate your concern about cold drink for the children however as the costs soon mount up. just do plenty of research before you go and enjoy your holiday whatever you decide

Stewart
Hi

We have the exact same problem as your daughter. We have 4 kids too (13, 11, 11, 8 ) and our holiday last year to Torba (just outside Bodrum) was slightly marred by not getting the rooms we wanted. We specifcally asked for 2 rooms next to each other. We booked with First Choice 12 months previously. We were given 2 rooms in different areas of the complex, we complained and they eventually fobbed us off with 2 rooms opposite each other. What they failed to tell us was that there was a garden inbetween us. If i stood on my tip toes I could just about see my other half sitting on his terrace.This was on the Monday and we were told to go back on Friday if we wanted to move, by then we just couldn't be bothered.

Our kids are older so it wasn't much of a problem but did spoil our holiday slightly as we like to sit outside whilst the kids go to sleep and have a drink or play cards etc .What I can't understand is that these hotels can see that we are a party of SIX which includes children so common sense surely tells them to put people together.

AI is the only way to go with kids. I don't doubt you can eat out cheaply in Turkey but 4 children ordering food and then refusing to eat it when it arrives is just a waste of money. S/c just isn't an option for us - cooking for 6 is what i do all the time, I want a holiday too! So if you find anywhere please let me know. The Canaries seem to be the only place that do 2 bedroom rooms that sleep 6.
Lou
Hello. Not sure how much this will help, but I know that L'etoile in Icmeler have family room. My parents stayed in one by chance. It was really nice with double balcony etc.. Overlooking beach. But I am not sure if it's AI or not, I cannot remember. Just thought I'd say...x
L'Etoile is AI,we went there last year,just hubby and I so cannot comment on family rooms.Entertainment was pretty poor in the evenings,we didn't stay round the pool at all as we prefer the sea,so again don't know what the daytime entertainment was like.Food wasn't too bad,we never went hungry,location was fabulous,right on the beach,but the beach was very coarse sand.Our review wasn't the best because our room was very hot,the aircon was not very effective but I have heard that the family rooms in the annexe were much cooler.Hope this helps.
Thanks for replies I will look into Letoile thats in a nice central position as lou points out they dont want to be self catering as they both work full time and just want a complete break from cooking not bothered about entertainment as they will go out at night we will be there at the same time and will meet up its just during the day they will stay at pool most days
T---- C---- have some hotels with free child places,if your relations made 2 separate bookings with 2 adults and a free child in each room it may work out quite a bit cheaper.
My parents have been return guests to L'etoile and yes the said the entertainment is not up to much, but as others have said the better 5* AI's tend to be in other locations. (from what I have hearn and from parents, I'm not quite at that affordability level just yet :rofl :rofl ). But just asked my mum and she said the family room was nice... Good luck!
There's lots of information relating to the L'Etoile on the following topic: L'Etoile, Icmeler

Darren
hi have you looked at the arcad golf resort it has great review and i think they have family rooms
:) janet
janet beales wrote:
hi have you looked at the arcad golf resort it has great review and i think they have family rooms :) janet

Whereabouts in Icmeler is that, janet? It's a new one on me...
smc4761 wrote:
S/c just isn't an option for us - cooking for 6 is what i do all the time, I want a holiday too!

It always makes me laugh when people say this! SC doesn't mean you have to cook, we always go SC but I certainly don't cook anything. We just like the extra space you get and the fridge to keep our drinks cold ;)
I agree Kedi,We go B&B to Icmeler and eat in a different restaurant every night.
There are so many to chose from and all are reasonably priced.
I certainly wouldnt go AI to Icmeler as the restaurants are lovely in the resort.
The decent AI hotels always cost a lot more than going SC or B&B.
:) Hi sorry i must have had a blond min i thought you was lucking for a good A/I with family rooms
Sorry
:) janet yes iam blond
Janet, did you mean the Arcadia Golf Resort? If so, is that not in Belek, while the OP was asking about Icmeler. That's where I got confused, because I'd never heard of any golf resort in Icmeler. Must have been another blonde moment (and yes, I'm blonde too...!)
We are a family of 6 too, kids aged 14, 11, 8, 8 and have the same problems. However we have always got 2 rooms next to each other with no problem. I always email the hotels a week before explaining the situation and they have always fulfilled my request. Amazingly at the Royal Wings, Lara Beach we were given a suite at check in which had a round jacuzzi bath in the middle of one of the bedrooms!

Lykia World in Olu Deniz has adjoining rooms for 6. We went in 2007 and are going back there at Easter. It's pricey and fullboard plus ( beer, wine by the bottle and soft drinks at meal times) as opposed to AI but the kids facilities are absolutely amazing.
Hi the green nature resort in Marmaris has family rooms really big ones also food is great for adults and kids :) :cheers :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.