General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
well i live in mumbles and its a holiday village
and catherine zeta jones and michael douglas :love have a house there
and i see them when they visit does that count
oh and her dad is a friend of mine
oh yeah and bonny tyler lives there as well
Hi again,
My son has just reminded me.
Not on holiday, but when we were walking around our local Asda my son saw Nicholas Lyndhurst. He married a girl from our town, must have been visiting, and doing a bit of shopping. It is rumoured he has a house in the town.

Dawnie-Rob
I remember Hubby saying to him 'what are you doing here' he was very full of himself when he replied 'Oh I just love walking up and down airport lounges'

Well Briar, you have to admit it was a bit of a dumb question :rofl
dinner-lady,

Yes it was Club Rockley in Barbados - oh the good times had there.

As to Paul Daniels....

Did I like him.....

Not a lot

Mark :D
Denise Welch and husband Tim and their 2 boys at Palma airport

See them on a regular basis as Denise has family who live close by. Her hubby is not as chirpy as he makes out, bit of a grumpy old man actually. Bet he was in a strop about the lost luggage. :lol:

My friend went to Tunisia and Howard Donald was in the same hotel. No body noticed him though as it was about four years after the band split up :? Bet he couldn't do that now.

Chubby Brown was in the hotel next to us when we went to Tenerife.
We met Dr Hilary Jones in Nerja just coming off the beach after doing a piece for GMTV
hilary Jones . i remember him :rofl . he was quite a dish :D .

I cant believe so many of you have seen famous people. Ive seen NOBODY not even slightly famous :(

lyn
Lyn :D

Where we live though we dont need to see them on holiday, they are around us most of the time. :roll:

Chris
ah that is so true Chris :D .. need we say more :D should we name drop a few like Rod Stuart and Alan sugar to boost our flagging "seen on our hols" score. :D . although unfortunately i cant claim to have actually seen them :roll:

lyn

forgot our dear Teddy sheringham :D
Lorraine Chase lives in our town, Mr Bean Rowan Atkinson also has a home here. There are a couple of footballers, a couple of cricketers and that is about it for us. I met Alan Titchmarsh the other week at Stoney Cove in Leicestershire. We were diving and he was filming a programme. Nice amiable chap. In the past, I have met Phil Collins, Prince Charles, Annie Nightingale, Frank Bruno and Hale and Pace..oh yes and many years ago at a Radio 1 roadshow i met Right Said Fred pair, the Fairbrass brothers.
Was on a flight from Cork to Heathrow with Rolf Harris once!!!!!!
Well Karen, I think you've taken the lead with that one :lol:
Not had the pleasure of holidaying with anyone famous but when I repped I met the following whilst training in Magaluff

Peter Stringfellow :shock: (very pleasent and chatty!)
Steve McFadden (Phil in Eastenders) and his then partner Lucy Benjamin (who played Lisa)
I saw Ricky Martin in Banana's, Magaluff

Sinead O'Conner was a guest in the hotel I was based in in Menorca. She stayed for 2 weeks and had a big barney with her son and threw his stereo equipment off the balcony at 4am. Such rage for some one who could fit in your hand! :roll:

Also, I swear I saw the guy that plays Craig Dean in Hollyoaks on Nissi Beach lasy year
Last year on the Moon i was in a bar with Elvis, Lord Lucan and Shergar,it was cosmic.
Ive just remembered I was on a flight from Gatwick to Newcastle with my mother and Ronnie Corbett was also on the flight.The stewardess hung his suit up in the space behind us.My mother said "I wonder where he gets his suits"The stewardess answered "mothercare"?.
Some italian football hero dont know his name think he had a bit of a scuffle with david beckham in the world cup that was in mexico, olivier de court leeds footballer at the time in dom rep OH played two rounds of golf with him a houlio englasis own golf course excuse the spelling, katie out of emmerdale in manchester airport, david bellamy on a flight back from belfast think thats all.
Queing for breakfast in macdonalds in San Fransisco we had Andy Peters behind us in the queue. He was over there doing a thing about Disney and voiced one of the bit parts in Toy Story 2.
My husband was next to Tony Blair in a queue at Newcastle Airport. This was when he was just an MP a long time before he became PM
A couple of years sgo we were in Puerto Banus, down on the marina & Simon Cowell drove slowly down the road in a Merc with the top down,
grinning & obviously loving the attention. We also saw Roger Federer down there the same night. Apart from being a lovely place, PB is great for celeb spotting !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.