Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
FAO jimbox
93 Posts
alright jimbox so what the temps feelin like today it looks nice and hot on the cams but you are there so you will ne better than me

has there been highs of 30 today or is it cot as hot as that
Garterman dream on baby...as for being ''Hotter'' in AN you would be very hard pressed to tell..b*****t I am afraid!

Lot cooler today, been sitting under the flight path for Pafos airport (long story) but very pleasant all the same if a little noisey...about 28c or so..perfect and very normal for June on the island..
Cookie hello..
well I spent half the day in Larnace on Monday and I can tell you AGAIN it was nowhere near those tempritures...by the way where were you???

For sure it's warmer in Nicosia in summer than Pafos, but as for the coastal area's not much of a difference at all, Pafos has a better climate for all seasons and many living in Nicosia invade Pafos during August because Pafos is slightly cooler, and far nicer, that is the reason I believe that this area is so popular with ex-pats, 18.000 and rising.. as for being 10deg warmer in the east, not the case usually...do a check all summer and you will see...RAF Akrotrii oteri http://www.raf.mod.uk/stations/os_base.html has a very accurate temperature guide, of course hotel do a better job :lol:
  • Edited by jimbox 2006-06-08 03:30:02
If you listen to the weather on BFBS the temperature on "the central plain" is generaly higher than on the coast.
The central plain is roughly between Nicosia and Troodos.

Mark
Lot cooler yesterday as forcasted locally, this morning (Thurs) it is also cloudy and feeling at 6am almost cold....almost, but all the same a big change from the start of the week..
To Jimbox,
No need for the ignorant reply,just because you reside in Cyprus.You proberly wouldnt know the difference in Temp anyway. I have lived and worked in the Middle East for 24yrs,(bit longer than you have in Cyprus) and would concider I know a bit more about HOT weather than you ever will. Also worked in Libya you know where the Hottest recorded temp was taken.
Good morning and bully for you...being for so many years you say I thought at least you may know the weather condition for Cyprus, all of the last thirty years weather is available for you or anyone to investigate, you will find very few times at those temps, certainly never since I have been here, of course it is hot, but I am sure you would know when it does hit 40c and how that feels...you can quote all the times you been here it does not change the true weather conditions for Cyprus, what would be the point of me exaggerating high and low's? what would I get out of that? I am only telling members how it really is here, I am not a bragger or a travel agent, if you chose to believe some pointless reading then so be it...today for your interest it is 77f in Pafos (midday) and a little warmer inland 79f, now I am talking rubbish I guess..
  • Edited by jimbox 2006-06-08 08:59:33
Cookie hello..
well I spent half the day in Larnace on Monday and I can tell you AGAIN it was nowhere near those tempritures...by the way where were you???

:oops: I dont think theres any need for sarcasm...... I was merely pointing out what I had read on the Cyprus -Weather.com page for the following week.......
Yes what you read, I was poiting out the real weather conditions in real time, up to you if you belive me or what you have read, not bothered either way to be honest, I do know what is like on the island..I do get a little p****d off when someone many miles away thinks it's 40c in the shade, it just is not the case..but do I care nope...again bye!
Taken from www. weather.com. Yesterday Paphos high79 low 59 Famagusta high90 low 63. Only Jimbox is right??? Hottest this month 102.Maybe they take the temp OUT in the sun not in the shade. And yes I do know when it is hot 46 here at the moment,but again maybe our weather station is wrong.
agree with you gaterman im affriad although you live there jimbox and do know what its like on the island every1 including the bbc are saying something you are trying to tell us is wrong

not every1 in the world can be wrong and just you alone be right

it cold be 48c outside but jimbox would say it wasn't

jimbox all your information you give people about cyprus is quality and very helpful in helping people make desicions you seem like a decent bloke willing to help every1 if you can which im sure many appriciate
all we were trying to get across is that somtimes you can be rong just like everybody else so dont be offended when people correct you when you are wrong we are all human and all get things wrong thats life fella
No conflict here as far as I an concerned, I tell you the way it is in real time if you chose to believe another story then that is fine by me, meanwhile I will continue to pay for my weather cam out of my own pocket, there you can see what the weather is doing by the hour on the hour...now again where are you sitting?

p.s if you knew me you would know I would be first to say I was wrong...but unfortunatly for me I guess is I am correct, but again if you chose to believe another weather site then fine, carry on, I will continue doing what I do, tell it as it really is!! again ta-ra!! :D

http://cyprusliving.org/webcam/webcam.php

next seven days (Larnaca) for you..oh no !! no 90c..shucks.. :wink:

Thursday
Clear. High: 75° F / 24° C Wind West 20 mph. / 32 km/h.
Thursday Night
Clear. Low: 71° F / 22° C Wind West 15 mph. / 25 km/h.
Friday
Clear. High: 73° F / 23° C Wind WSW 15 mph. / 25 km/h.
Friday Night
Clear. Low: 71° F / 22° C Wind West 13 mph. / 21 km/h.
Saturday
Clear. High: 75° F / 24° C Wind WSW 11 mph. / 18 km/h.
Saturday Night
Clear. Low: 71° F / 22° C Wind NW 13 mph. / 21 km/h.
Sunday
Clear. High: 75° F / 24° C Wind West 20 mph. / 32 km/h.
Sunday Night
Clear. Low: 73° F / 23° C Wind WNW 11 mph. / 18 km/h.
Monday
Clear. High: 78° F / 26° C Wind WSW 13 mph. / 21 km/h.
Monday Night
Clear. Low: 75° F / 24° C Wind West 11 mph. / 18 km/h.
Tuesday
Clear. High: 77° F / 25° C Wind WSW 15 mph. / 25 km/h.
Tuesday Night
Clear. Low: 73° F / 23° C Wind WNW 8 mph. / 14 km/h.
Wednesday
Clear. High: 75° F / 24° C Wind WSW 13 mph. / 21 km/h.
Wednesday Night
Clear. Low: 73° F / 23° C Wind WSW 13 mph. / 21 km/h.
back from Protaras this morning and the weather there is very very hot!!

Its the hottest May/June they have had in quite a while!!!
I was in Protaras and it did reach 41 degrees...

It was very very hot!!
jimbox did you bother to look around the website where you got those temprs from because i looked earlier it says like you stated todays high of 24* at aboout 1:30 your time on the self same site the current temp was 30*

so yes guess your right it wasnt 30* today
and if you look now it says currently 31*
Jim can i ask what the tutorial is for?
I fail to understand all this aggravation over what temperature it is :shock:

When we go to Cyprus we know it's going to be hot so what difference does

a number make :shrug

Just go and enjoy :lol:

Helenxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.