Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Icmeleronline, I DID phone the office while I was in Turkey to complain about the transfer and was basically told "we never said it was a private transfer". I did not wish to cause a fuss since we were still depending on the return transfer. My issue was not with the cost as you seem to imply in your comments, I was happy to pay £120 if I had received the same service as last year and the service which I thought I was paying for ie private transfers where we were the only travellers on the coach. I stand by the title of my original post, I do feel "ripped off" by your company who accepted payment and did not provide the service I felt I had paid for. You will, however, note that in a subsequent post I did mention that I had used ICR travel in the past and was happy with the service, price etc. My intention in posting originally was to warn others who thought that they were paying for private transfers that this may not be the case with your company.
whilst i am not disputing icr customer sevice i am sure they are very professional i know that some travel sites offer some of the hotels they do at lower prices and transfers can be found for less,after shopping around i personally find them slightly more expensivein comparison to other sites
idris elba wrote:
whilst i am not disputing icr customer sevice i am sure they are very professional i know that some travel sites offer some of the hotels they do at lower prices and transfers can be found for less,after shopping around i personally find them slightly more expensivein comparison to other sites

Funny, because I've usually found the exact opposite...
some accomadations are exclusive to icmeler on line but some are used by other web sites and do actually work out cheaper not greatly so but still cheaper,just compared prices of one property used by another provider and it works out£30 cheaper however if you only use certain propertys then a lot of the better hotels are exclusive to icr,and you do get what you pay for
I also find that ICR prices are generally more expensive than other companies. They do offer a good standard of service and having the office in Icmeler will also put peoples mind at ease. I think in general you are paying for the high standard of service they offer

Stewart
Icmeleronline, I DID phone the office while I was in Turkey to complain about the transfer and was basically told "we never said it was a private transfer". I did not wish to cause a fuss since we were still depending on the return transfer. My issue was not with the cost as you seem to imply in your comments, I was happy to pay £120 if I had received the same service as last year and the service which I thought I was paying for ie private transfers where we were the only travellers on the coach. I stand by the title of my original post, I do feel "ripped off" by your company who accepted payment and did not provide the service I felt I had paid for. You will, however, note that in a subsequent post I did mention that I had used ICR travel in the past and was happy with the service, price etc. My intention in posting originally was to warn others who thought that they were paying for private transfers that this may not be the case with your company.

My reply to your dissatisfaction was not "only" regarding the cost issue but "more" to do with the service side of things which you felt was not what you had expected. Comments about pricing were a general reply to other comments made on the topic so, sorry If I was not very clear..

I understand you had used our services before and since no one else was included in those transfers, you thought the transfers were private. We will be making adjustments to our booking page urgently in regards to this matter so it is all clear from now on.

We would like to contact you further in regards to your dissatisfaction and try to make things right as much as we can so please be so kind to enter your booking reference number here or email me directly at rami@icmeleronline.com

Rami
ICR Travel
I no longer have the booking reference, I didn't feel the need to keep it when I arrived back. Since I have been transferred Dalaman-Marmaris-Dalaman and paid the money I will leave things as they are I think. I am pleased that ICR are changing their web-page with immediate effect so that there is no further misunderstanding with anyone thinking they are paying for private transfers. I wonder if the forum mods would lock this topic now as it seems to be going round in circles a bit.
There was also a post on icmeleronline forum back in May,headed something like brickbacks and roses about their transfer back to Dalaman when their driver was stopped and breathalized and was over the limit !! :(
And I think you will find regarding that incident that ICR immediately took action when they were informed, the driver was sacked and all other drivers were brought in and spoken to. If you read the full thread you will get the full story.

Dave
Given this topic has now run it's course, and is starting to drift off topic, i'll lock it.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.