Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
ICR dont do private transfers,they are shared,must admit they are expensive though.Its cheaper to book with lots of other companies that do a shared minibus transfer, transferonly,transfer4cheap,and raintransfer do a return for £12 per person. :wave:
We definately had a private transfer last year when there were only 5 of us going from Dalaman to Icmeler. If I hadn't been told it would only be for us I would have used AtoB (I think that was their name) who we also used before and were definately private transfer.

The quotes for transfer on their website give you £120 return from Dalaman to Marmaris / Icmeler before it even gets as far as asking how many passengers you are booking for. Would you take it this means that each of the groups have paid £120 return. So, for instance, today 3 groups will each have paid £60 for the transfer one way Marmaris - Dalaman?

As I said, we used this company last year with no problems but I definately feel we didn't get value for money this year - particularly when we could have just saved the money and gone in the Thomsons coach we had paid for as part of our package hol.
I've been using ICR for my transfers for the past few years, and have to say that they've never been advertised as "private" transfers. Whenever I've booked, it's always been clear that there could be others on the same transfer. We've maybe been lucky, but up until May, we always had the minibus or car to ourselves - even in May, there was only one other couple, who were going to Turunc. I've never had anything other than an excellent service from ICR and would definitely use them again. I'd happily pay their charges rather than suffer a tour operator's transfer coach - never again!
for £120 i`m sure that if you felt comfortable with driving in turkey you could have hired a car? :)

This seems like a very large amount of money For what is essentially a dolmus ride.
I know the cost of fuel in turkey is not cheap but this do seem a little excessive.
Maybe ICR believe that they offer a 5 Star service and can charge what they like?
It Just sounds like another company that wants your money for very little in return.

Andy
Strong words "ripped off"
I paid £150 this year for a transfare for 6 people through my apartments return.
The transfare for 4 people is £120 with this same company.
I have booked this Augusts holiday with Raintransfares and am paying £70 return for 3 people.

ICR do not say it is a Private transfare but I have also used them and have had the vehicle to ourseselves and on other occassions have shared.

It is your responsibility to make sure you get a "Private Transfare "if this is what you require please read the print.

Gene
I understand totally how you feel. We used a different company on our last visit (Hamish McTurk) and also paid for a private transfer so my son and I didn't have to travel to other places . . .I booked it as we were DIY and wanted to make sure we got back to the airport in plenty of time so my son and I could sit together . . .on the way back to the airport we had to pick up 3 families one of who had fallen asleep, we then had to stop for fuel and a change of driver . . .we were so late to the airport we were one of the last ones to board . . so I understand how you feel!
We have used ICR for the past 4 Years and have had a excellent service from them everytime. We are using them again this year, i would rather pay £120 to know that there is going to be someone there as you arrive and generally we are always on our way from the airport in a lovely airconditioned and clean and with working seatbelts mini bus within 15 mins of collecting luggage. Normally we have a mini bus 2 ourselves but on a few occasions we have had to share, which really dose not bother me as we have just got of a airplane full of other people so another 1 1/2 hrs isnt going to make much difference. At least you know you are only going to have 1 or 2 drop offs at the most. we have has hassle with our holiday this year with the airline suspended and having to move holiday dates etc and ICR have done everything they can to help us. will continue to holiday with them for many years to come.
I have also had excellent service from ICR in the past. I don't feel the words "ripped off" were too strong, I do feel that this year we did not receive the service we had paid for - either with the cost, the condition of the coach or the timings. However, we have learnt a valuable lesson and will take our chances with the tour operators coach in future and have a nice meal out on the money saved.
Many people do use ICR and in general they do offer a good service if a little on the pricey side. If you a couple for example it works out much cheaper to use one of the many transfers companies. They use small minibusses usuallya up to 16 seaters and the return cost for 2 adults is about £30, which is significantly cheaper than ICR. You may have to share with a few others and have a few drop offs but not for such a huge price difference

Stewart
We used to use ICR but that's just what happened to us shared coach now we use Icmeler Travel Centre. I.C.R. want £110 (shared) most of the time but we have nevered shared with I.T.C.and the price is £90 return so saving money for first class travel.
We booked a shuttlebus type transfer from Dalaman to Marmaris last year, can't remember the name of the company, but we were fine about sharing with other passengers, however were not led to believe that the transfer would be private.
To be honest I wish we had the same option this year, holidaying in Spain, where a transfer from Malaga airport to our accommodation comes to more than double the price we paid for a transfer in Turkey for roughly the same distance. Now that is what I call a rip off!!!!!!!!
I also used ICR last year,we had 5 other couples to drop off at 5 other apartments before us!!!.Im using raintransfers thi s time,£24 return for the 2 of us compared to £100 with ICR for the same. :que
If anybody wants a private tranfer,Tursab registered I have just found http://www.qxygene.net £37 one way or £74 return this price is for 2 people,and you can pay on arrival like most of the other companies. :)
I paid £7 pp return this year with airportconnex. Lovely AC 16 seater bus and the driver made it to Marmaris in under 70 mins.
One of the worst points about this story is that the pickups were so late. You are completely in their hands, and you should never be left hanging about wondering if you going to get picked up at all, especially when you have a plane to catch. We always like to be well organised and would rather be at the airport too early, so at least we're there and can relax. So would be very annoyed if someone else messed up our plans. It's a good idea to have a contact number for the transfer company, and to drop them an email just before you go with your mobile no.
just got transfer for £14 return on travel republic,when we are in turkey if we have day flights we usually get picked up/dropped off however when we have a night flight usually a return we either book one on the morning of our departure date with united blue or resort hoppa,or go to the internet cafe round the back of icmeler tansas and hasan sorts us one out this costs us no more than a tenner each and are always on time ,if we are the only passengers we get a car to ourselves this has happend on more than one occasion,i can highly recommend him should you ever need one in future.if ther are a few of you travelling together personally particually with a night flight i would be inclined to get a taxi it is about 60 quid/120 return but split by 4 people its still more expensive but worth it

t
greenshoes, airportconnex now costs £25 per person return for a shared transfer :think
I have also had excellent service from ICR in the past. I don't feel the words "ripped off" were too strong, I do feel that this year we did not receive the service we had paid for - either with the cost, the condition of the coach or the timings. However, we have learnt a valuable lesson and will take our chances with the tour operators coach in future and have a nice meal out on the money saved.

As we always say, if you are not satisfied with any of our services, please do contact us & let us know and we will do our best to make it right for you as we always have for our clients in the past...

terms used such as "rip off" etc are quiet strong words to use really, esspecially when used next to a company name that puts customer service above anything really. Afterall, we are doing business and not after riping anyone off and the price for this service fluctuates amongst many companies.
We used to be the cheapest in the market but then the service level was not at a level we wanted it to be at so we changed our policy on transfer only bookings.

Our highest priority is customer satisfaction and at times, if we dont achieve our goal on the field, we at least make it right for our customers. We know it is impossible to make everyone happy but we work very hard to accomplish the impossible.

Cheaper is not always better and specially these days, with cheaper companies going in trouble, it shows how important it is to correctly price a service which will both make the buyer happy and keep the provider stable.

On a good note, thank you for sharing your experiences with us which helps us see which areas we still need to focus and improve more.

Rami
ICR Travel
hiya, I will keep on transfare with ICR ok they are cheaper out there, the reason i like them as they have a booth at Dalman airport

i spent 1 hour looking for my transfare with another companyin the car park in the airport, when hubby did hear his name being called he asked where u card the guy said could be annoyed

well i was 60 mins 2 of us running up and down that car park
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.