Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
as far as I know, there is a free bus from PDC to Playa Blanca run by the Fred Olsen company, will look into it :)
Free bus service (departure)

Pto. del Carmen (C.C. Biosfera) 06:20* 07:40 09:10 11:40* 13:10 15:10 16:55

* Except saturdays, sundays and festive days

Also free bus service Playa Blanca - Pto. del Carmen - Airport - Arrecife at ship arrival.

check http://reservas.fredolsen.es/reservas/horarios/horarios.aspx?Trayecto=QLYQFU for more details :)
How much does the ferry cost? Is it worth a trip? Presumably the ferry would take you to Corralejo - would that be the place to see on a first visit, or would it be best to take a bus to another town in Fuerteventura?
the olsen ferry which is the best and quickest costs 26 euros return from p blanca to fuerte.(for tourists).
Hi Lesley, have you been to Lanzarote before? If you have then, yes, Fuerteventura is a lovely place to visit, and Corralejo is a nice town... no need IMO to go any further on a first visit. If it is your first time in Lanzarote I would say see the sights/sites Lanzarote has to offer, and then see if you have enough time to visit Fuerteventura
Ian - Thanks for that, really useful info :)
Will be my 4th visit. Once 14 years ago to Matagorda. Only went to PDC and Arrecife. Next visit about 5 years ago, stayed in PDC, drove to Teguise and Costa Teguise, and Matagorda, but nowhere else really. Next time was 2 years ago - stopped at Arrecife on a cruise.

Basically seen Arrecife, but probably will go back there. Not been to fire mountain or anything. Quite interested to see fuerteventura to check out the potential for future holidays.
Hi again Lesley :D I would say then, see the Fire Mountains (an absolute must IMO), then El Golfo, Los Hervideros, then go north and visit the Green Caves and Jameos del Agua. Then go on up to Orzola and lay on the beaches of Caleton Blanco, visit Mirador del Rio, have lunch in Tinajo, drinks in San Bartolome, visit the tapas bar in Tias called El Correos!!!!!!!

Sorry......getting carried away!!!!!!!

After all that, take the bus from Puerto del Carmen and the ferry to Corralejo!!!!!!!!!!
.......and discover that you're glad you chose to stay in Lanzarote! :wink: :wink:
Couldn't say it better myself Bawbee!!! :D :wink:
OMG sounds like a lot of visiting to be done!!

I did hire a car on a previous visit, but I was with a friend who only wanted to sunbathe. Didn't realise this until we'd arranged the car (1st day), and then she didn't seem to want to go in the car (unless it was to PDC beach!).

Driving was a bit hairy, but then now I've done it! Maybe I should think about that then. I did really just want a relaxing holiday too though...maybe we should just book an excursion? Or do you think excursions take up too much time?
....and too much of your bank balance, Lesley! :wink:

Much cheaper to hire a car. Driving here is quite relaxing if you just take your time. Having a car opens up the opportunity to see everything at your pace.
Bawbee....I know you mentioned car hire on another forum. I checked a couple of the links from there and looks like I could get a car for 48 euros for 3 days (which is good!).

However it says it's insured etc...but mentions in the exclusions - tyres, and accidents caused by dangerous driving. Not that I think I'm a dangerous driver, but does that not mean if you are the cause of an accident (which wouldn't be all that difficult since driving on wrong side of road etc)???
Staying in Puerto del Carmen in July - last time we went we visited Fuerteventura on one of the tours and went to see the sand dunes etc. - we want to go again but not on one of the tours.

Whats to most cost effective way for 2 adults to visit the island and then get to the sand dunes ?

We wont be able to hire a car as I only have a provisional licence.

thanks

Neonitrix
You should be able to get the ferry from the harbour at PDC. I know it used to go from there. We went over from Playa Blanca whilst staying there. Ferry went to Correlejo.
Fred Olsen ferry has a free bus which picks up at PDC and drives you to Playa Blanca harbour for the 20-30 min crossing :)
Hi,

Get the ferry over from Playa Blanca, then you could either get a taxi which shouldn't cost you more than a couple of euros, get the bus from the bus station I think its the number 6 bus to Puerto Del Rosario (every hour 2.60euros each way) one you want and this stops right outside the riu hotel in the middle of the dunes, there is a stop on the oposite side of the road for the return journey, there is also a taxi rank by the side of these hotels if you just wait near there you should be able to get a taxi back no problem. I've done it in the past

Vicky
Hi,can anbody tell me if i can get a ferry from Arrecife to fuetaventura,and any idea of prices for 2 adults and 1 child 10yrs old please.We will be travelling on a saturday.
Fred Olsen run a ferry service from Playa Blanca to Fuetaventura, I don't think there are any services from Arecife. Have a look on their website for more info.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.