Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
I think you'll find that the hire car companies may not let take the car off the island as part of the hire agreement.
Hi Tracynoe,
Allmen is right most of the hire companies wont allow you to take a vehicle off the island, even on the short trip to Formentera. Its best to check first before you decide to hire a car. You can hire mopeds and bicyles from the port of La Salinas on Formentera, and if you really need to there is a Hurtz car hire in Es Pujol, if it is still open.

Marc
sorry for nicking your thread but I was just wondering if these ferrys run all year round :?:

I'm going to Ibiza in October and fancy a trip across to Formentera........ :D

sam xx
Hi Sam,
No problem its an open thread after all. There are a number of ferries that run from all over Ibiza to Formentera, from the huge car ferries and hydrofoils that run from the main port in Ibiza, to the smaller boats that go from the rest of the island.

The season doesnt really end till very late October so you should still be okay on the larger ferries, which take around 1 1/2 hours at the outside to get to the island and run from around 8am too 10pm most of the year round.

The cheaper ferries that go from places such as Figeretes and Sant Antionio tend to stop around the end of August/September, but I cant give an exact date as to when. If they are still running though try to catch one of these if you are planning on travelling as they are not only cheaper but are also very friendly and only add to the day out expericnce. Either way your rep or hotel should have more details.

Hope this helps,

Marc
Cheers for that........ :D

I'll definately be looking out for the ferries as I want to fit as much as I can into my holiday...... :D

I'm going on the 14th Oct for 2 weeks to San An bay and can't wait.

cheers :D

sam x
I think it's £75 to take a car to Formentera. Get one of the cats & hire a car over there
can you tell me if you can get a ferry over to majorca and how much does it cost :smokin
Balearia ferries do that service - check out their website - Balearia Ferries - Click Here

If you need a language translater to understand the site you can get that at Google Translate
Hi,
We were thinking of rounding off our holiday in October with a trip to Formentera, so can anyone tell me the ferry prices from Santa Eulalia to Formentera (Return).
Also is it worth spending a day there or would just a couple of hours be enough,I've heard that its a lovely island but what is you're opinion of it.

Thanks,
tofog68
Hi tofog68

I have merged your post with a similar topic and there is a link in one of the earlier posts.

luci :wave
25 euros adult, 13 child. One ferry each morning at 10.30. Choice of 2 back at 4.30 and 5.30 (I think)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.