Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Squirrel,

The fish market in Fethiye is open all day long right up until about 11 at night. I actually prefer eating there in the evening as they have the courtyard all lit up with fairy lights, and the place gets busy with Turkish families and tourists having meals.

The fish there is excellent - and very, very fresh. I have bought prawns from there to take home and they have still been moving when I've put them in the fridge!!!!! :omg

They sell all the usual fish: sea bass, tuna, bream, squid, sardines............and all of the restaurants surrounding the fish stalls will cook your fish for you at a very good price. They serve it with beautiful salad and chips, plus bread and dips etc. Wine/beer is extra of course.

The place has a lovely atmosphere, and the food never disappoints. Some evenings they have musicians playing too. It's very close to the harbour, so a nice finishing touch is to cross over the road and drink a coffee and brandy in one of the harbourside cafes. Truly a lovely evening.

Strawberry
yes as Strawberry7 says its open till about 11 ish its great at night wicked atmosphere and yes the fish is arriving all evening on little three wheeled trucks from the harbour
a great night out please check out my video long version on my web site it has some of the fish market on it if you have trouble downloading it pm me with your details and i will pop one in the post to you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.